Hmm, it seems a bunch of PC games went gold or shipped today.

I

instig8r_ajcm

I only bring this up because I know many people have limited budgets with which to spend on games. New games are shipping now or have just gone gold per BluesNews and GameGuru Mania. I can just see it now. Little Johny goes to Best Buy to check out the games, sees Tribes Vengeance, Final Fantasy XI, Star Wars Battlefront, Full Spectrum Warrior, NHL 2005, and last but not least...oh my goodness..Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, mommy/daddy buys one of them or Johny buys it. HL2 finally hits the shelves and mommy/daddy then say to Johny "Wait till Christmas and we'll see we just bought you Tiger Woods PGA Tour." Hence, HL2 does see the big revenue as quickly as hoped...maybe.

I only post this out of frustration that HL2 has not hit the shelves yet. My wife is headed out this weekend giving me plenty of time to do......something. But honestly, I won't hesitate to buy HL2 as soon as it comes out as long as the technology is still fresh.

-instig8r_ajcm

Don't forget Sims 2. :p It's more of a kids game, little Johnny will probably get Sims 2. :)

No, it's on topic with this forum.

He's talking about how fro ma business point of view, they might want to avoid releasing the game before christmas seeing as a lot of people are probably not going to buy more than a few games in the next two months.

dude - f*** little johny and tiger woods! :p - just release the game already! :borg:

madFive said:
dude - f*** little johny
w3rd. He'll get the game for xmas.
We'll play it when it comes out. :D

I keep hearing people say they're going to give up on this game if it takes much longer.. that they wont bother if the tech becomes outdated...

You know, I'd love to play HL2 even if the tech really was getting stale. Hell I'd play it on the HL1 engine!! (though I'm certainly happy its on source).. its all about the story, man.

Its all about Gordon.

Games usually ship on Tuesday and are in the stores Wednesday. There are exceptions, though.

VU will probably follow precedent and ship HL2 on a Tuesday. You'll be able to pick it up (or unlock it on Steam) the next day.

Also, 'Dawn of War' goes gold this week. Gonna get that for sure.

Ownzed said:
Don't forget Sims 2. :p It's more of a kids game, little Johnny will probably get Sims 2. :)
Little Johnny is going to be confused when he sees the mommy and daddy sims doing strange things in their bed at night.

yea, i want to get dawn of war, looks like a good game the singleplayer game is wicked. i want world of warcraft too oh yea and there is HL2 and i also want to upgrade my computer. hmmm so many things, so little euro to spend :p

The sims 2 kids game?

You know there are many many ladies in their 20s playing this :naughty:

Ownzed said:

I dunno about that mate. Myself an the wife are looking forward to playing that game :p

Anyone played the XBOX demo of Battlefront that came with the new Star Wars DVD Trillogy box set? PRetty damn good. Shame about the damn console input method.

Im looking forward to Full Spectrum Warrior. The SP demo was freaking awsome :D The Sims 2 = The Sims but with better grapich

instig8r_ajcm said:
My wife is headed out this weekend giving me plenty of time to do......something.

Coincidence? My wife is heading out of town this weekend as well. She's going to some alumnae thing at her college. If your wife is doing the same, that would be pretty freaky, especially if they went to the same school.

Hell my wife is out of town to.
Maybe they are all meetting somewhere to plot against taking over the world.
Wait a minute they already have.
Anyway Hl2 will sell no matter waht we all know that.

kaellinn18 said:
Coincidence? My wife is heading out of town this weekend as well. She's going to some alumnae thing at her college. If your wife is doing the same, that would be pretty freaky, especially if they went to the same school.

My wife is headed to Ocean City for a "girls weekend out with some neighborhood ladies". She's still confused as to why I immediately said "Yes, go, I don't mind". Little does she know she'll be paying me back when HL2 does come out.

-instig8r_ajcm

instig8r_ajcm said:
My wife is headed to Ocean City for a "girls weekend out with some neighborhood ladies". She's still confused as to why I immediately said "Yes, go, I don't mind". Little does she know she'll be paying me back when HL2 does come out.

-instig8r_ajcm

Haha, my wife already knows and is planning for it. She's scheduled some excercise classes, and tennis with a friend because she knows I'm going to be hooked on the computer once the game comes out. She also told me: "I looked into getting you an IV drip because I'm afraid I won't be able to get you to eat."

Back