Homeworld

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
Did you guys ever play either of those games? Probably my favorite RTS series ever. I just re-installed Homeworld 2 last night and I can't believe how good the graphics are! Now that I can turn everything to 11 with my 6800 GT it looks absolutely mindblowing. I didn't even know that the ships all had realtime dynamic lighting and self shadowing!

Anyway.....those games are absolutely brilliant. The manual that came with the first game provided just about the most complete backstory to any game I've ever seen. Not to mention the gameplay which was totally something new for its time. You guys like the Homeworld games as much as I do?

I liked Homeworld. Haven't played homeworld 2 though.

My computer won't let me reinstall and re-play Homeworld though. Stupid windows XP.

Homeworld. What a game. They say it's hackneyed now but adagio for strings track really works on that game.

my brother owns and loves homeworld, so ive played it a few times... it would be really good, if i liked RTS :| lol

Never got around to buying HW2 but loved the first, last level was a bitch though, couldn't play it again after I finally managed to complete it. Was great fun though.

yeah homeworld was great, but still doesnt beat star craft for me :D

HW2 has a bad singleplayer campaign.

Its RUSH RUSH RUSH

GO GO GO

YAWN

MP is awsome however.

Haven't had the chance of playing HW 2, but I had tons of fun with HW and HW: Cataclysm. Both really great games. Underrated games too!

played all three, loved all three. best RTS's i've played my whole life... 'side from wrhammer4ok dawn of war. that ones fun for different reasons ;)

homeworld was a hallmark rts... great diversion from the warcraft & starcraft spinoffs

i've heard reviews that homeworld 2 wasn't that good, are these all false?

also.. one thing that relic could do to make this game truly elite is to add to ability to send ships in CURVES, kinda like drawing in a vector based graphics program... I would love to be able to tell my fighters to circle and flank the enemy...

People always scuttled their goddam resource ships into my mothership after a hyperspace jump. :|

Synthos said:
homeworld was a hallmark rts... great diversion from the warcraft & starcraft spinoffs

i've heard reviews that homeworld 2 wasn't that good, are these all false?

also.. one thing that relic could do to make this game truly elite is to add to ability to send ships in CURVES, kinda like drawing in a vector based graphics program... I would love to be able to tell my fighters to circle and flank the enemy...

Reviewers didn't like HW2 as much because they thought it was too similar too the original. Which it is in a way I guess, but it doesn't bother me.

You can actually send your ships out in curves. Just make hundreds of waypoints until you form a curve. :)

homeworld was good, so was the expansion. i havent played number 2 though.

nothing can beat RTS games like the C&C's can

starcraft was also a godlike RTS
i wonder what happened to it... :(

I LOVE HW2! HW1 was one of the first RTS games I ever played, I think it was one of the first three games I bought on the PC (along with half-life and star craft) I loved the immersion, and the feel of homeworld. Now, thinking in 3d is REAL strategy, ladies and gentlemen.

DarkStar said:
Did you guys ever play either of those games? Probably my favorite RTS series ever. I just re-installed Homeworld 2 last night and I can't believe how good the graphics are! Now that I can turn everything to 11 with my 6800 GT it looks absolutely mindblowing. I didn't even know that the ships all had realtime dynamic lighting and self shadowing!

Anyway.....those games are absolutely brilliant. The manual that came with the first game provided just about the most complete backstory to any game I've ever seen. Not to mention the gameplay which was totally something new for its time. You guys like the Homeworld games as much as I do?

I could have liked them, but I thought the 3D space was very difficult to use when moving units and such. Also, Homeworld 2 was so difficult that it was almost impossible to win if you didn't know the mission in advance.

Homeworld was absolutely awesome. loved the 3d element to it. there was also a Star Trek vs Star Wars mod (which unfortunately got shut down or something). it was pure RTS heaven for the duration it was active :D

Back