Horror Movie Deathmatch Mod

F

FreeYayo

a cool little mod game would be neat if just a big deathmatch with like 30 different of the horror movie killers :

jason
freddy
michael from halloween, etc, etc

anyways

interesting... nice name by the way lol. hes gettin out in early september.

Good luck getting a license to use all of those characters.

I posted a similar thread called "Copyrights?" in this forum. You should look into sending up those movies in a vague parody, that might work :)

P.S I think older horror movies are more fun than newish teen splatters

hmmmmm, well most killers fight with there hands. That would suck in a 1st person game, so u would proberly have to give it a fighting style 3rd person. Also when u want to use peoples music on TV then all u need to do is own an offical copy of the CD. So maybe all u got to do is own one of there movies, I dunno tbh. Also they can;t sew u unless u are making money out of it. I don't think the6y can anyway. Also its illiegal to make money out of your mod using the HL SDK, unless u get there permission. I think thats right as well. LOL I am just going on stuff i have heard.

Damn, when I saw the title of this thread I was expecting more than what I got.

A cool horror movie multiplayer mod could have one player as the killer, and the rest as victims. Killer has some sort of melee weapon (knife, hook, scissors, whatever) and the victims have nothing. This could be cool in Source, because the victims could then set up traps or throw objects or whatever to slow down the killer as they try to get away. Last victim alive wins, and is the killer in the next round. :)

Anybody want to make it? I might give it a try, but I've never modded before, I plan to mess with the SDK when HL2 comes out though.

I thought about this idea once, it'd probably work for some of the less supernatural killers (Jason, Michael Myers, etc) but some of the really powerful ones like pinhead and freddy would require extensive work.

For instance, Pinhead has the ability to telekeneticly move around any environmental object, and can summon out masses of hooked chains to attack large groups of people at any point. He can also revive the dead to serve him as cenobytes.

Freddy relies in dreams, can teleport anywhere at any point and possess any object you did not summon yourself, bring into the dream with you, or did summon/bring in but left your posession for a moment.

That sort of thing would take ages to code in and even longer to get proper art for.

Back