Hovership Flight Physics.

Null-Entity

Reaction score
Ok long and short of it.....I want to / Have an idea for a mod based on the matrix, but forget jacking in, bullet time ect, this is real world fighting with the Hoverships and the machines, flying round the tunnels and the ruined cities.

I'm curious if anyone knows if the hover physics and a playable control system for the flight could be coded in HL2.

Even better if someone wants to help by proving it :D

I don't think the gunship uses physics for flying...

However the manhacks and scanners do.

I'm not very clear on your idea though.

ok well its a start :D, the idea would be to build the hover ships from the "real world" which use the pods for powerd flight in the game engine (or at least have the flight variables connected in a few ways to the number of pods still functioning.

The overal idea would be to travel round the tunnels avoiding where best the machines and achieving objectives like remaining at broudcast depth for a certain amount fo time.

teamplay with real player gunners would be nice (also mentioned in the SDK faq as being possible).

what would be the more realistic(do able) way to program the hovership ? flight vareiables programed and have the variables change depending on the number of engines still functioning (more a code dependant way), or have the engines DIRECTLY influence the ship and when they dont function the effect is more...(natural) as to put it.(more physic based)

Thanks for answering / excuse the spelling I just woke up !

Back