How did HL1 end?

B

bayaraa_us

I know i'm gonna ask something old. How did Half Life 1 game end?
I'm not a hard core gamer but i enjoyed playing Half Life 1.

It was too hard and I cheated from second half of the game and saw like i don't remember 2-3 different ending. How Half Life 2 will continue the first one. What should i know about before playing Half Life 2.

Thank you

you end up killing this huge guy after going to the alien planet zen, then you are on a weird tram system like the beginning of the game, only its flying through outer space, and you are takling to gman and he gives you a job, and youw alk out of the tram thing and the credits roll...

why dont you try beating the game again

with class
you had two options
1. go through a portal and work for the G-man (which was obviously where the story in HL2 picks up)

or

2. wage a battle that you had no chance of winning. (teleported to xen an there are like 2000 cardboard alien grunts)

"Gordon Freeman in the flesh, or rather in the hazard suit! I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons. Most of them were government property. As for the suit, I think you've earned it"

"It appears I have queefed. Excussssssse me."
Just played through HL again to get a refresher. Still a pretty decent game.

hype.db said:
"It appears I have queefed. Excussssssse me."
Just played through HL again to get a refresher. Still a pretty decent game.

lol 1 1!! 1 *character* *character* 111!

from watching this years e3 vid, i was wondering
if youve earned the hazard suit, why dont you start hl2 wearing it?
im pretty sure someone at valve said you start off going by a train into city17. Gordon doesnt seem to wear the hazard suit at that stage.

uh im pretty sure he has the suit on in the beginning. or else you get it back somehow pretty early on.

im sure hell get it eventually but the point is, he has to wear it from the beginning of hl2.
he never took it off after all, i dont see the reason to get it and wear it again.

Gambone said:
here is the wav file for G-Man's offer at the end of the game

Oh man cheers for posting that, I'd completely forgotten how absolutely faggish G-Mans voice is. Completely takes any believability away from the character when he so clearly puts the voice on like that. Sounds ridiculous.

obviously he has the hazard suit or why else would eli say "lets get you out of that hazard suit and back into a lab coat where you belong" ? retards.

acme420 said:
obviously he has the hazard suit or why else would eli say "lets get you out of that hazard suit and back into a lab coat where you belong" ? retards.

^^
i was talking about Gordon wearing the hazard suit from the beginning of the game, the moment you start playing.
Gordon having the hazard suit is not a question, of course he will eventually

"Gordon Freeman in the nude, or rather in a lacy pink thong, i took the liberty of removing you of you...weapons...most of them where government property...as for the thong...please keep that."

Oh man cheers for posting that, I'd completely forgotten how absolutely faggish G-Mans voice is. Completely takes any believability away from the character when he so clearly puts the voice on like that. Sounds ridiculous.

Well, the voice is the same Gman voice that is in HL2, it's just the sound quality in HL1 is just much worse than what we have now.

Glo said:
from watching this years e3 vid, i was wondering
if youve earned the hazard suit, why dont you start hl2 wearing it?
im pretty sure someone at valve said you start off going by a train into city17. Gordon doesnt seem to wear the hazard suit at that stage.

Heh that wouldn't look suspicious at all if he was in the hazard suit! All people are either wearing combine clothes or blue clothes :p

I guess it's weird why barney isn't in his cop suit either huh? :p

He donsn't have it at the start because he has no HUD I bet you have to find that scientist guy and get it off him.

Briderider said:
He donsn't have it at the start because he has no HUD I bet you have to find that scientist guy and get it off him.

There's a logic explanation to that, Valve uses cl_hudenable 0 when they showcase HL2 at E3.. Don't ask me how I know this.

Well having seen that scan in another thread mentioning a prototype HEV suit MK5 (Gordon wears mk4 in HL1). I pretty much figure that you'll be getting a new HEV suit, that would also explain why you now have Aux Power for sprinting :D

acme420 said:

thats not the beginning of the game, Gordon also had a gun... do you think you start the game with a gun too?
Gordon does not have the suit in the train, I mean cmon... you dont think any city17 civilians would make some comment? or hell the combine would take you in for "questioning" at the very least.

never state your opinion as fact, and theres no need to be abrasive to people who are simply having a discussion. moron (couldn't help myself)

He obviously doesn't have the hazard suit. Then he does. Then Eli wants him to take it off.

Just because Gordon has a hazard suit doesn't mean he's going to go around wearing it all day every day.

im going to make an avi of the ending for HL1 so anyone who's not played it can see how it ends...

www.divx.com Get the divx player from there, Matt, or those who cannot watch it. That's all there is to it. If your Real Player (As mine) locks when opening some DivX coded movies, just open the DivX player and open it from within and load it in the DivX player itself.

Nevermind, it didn't play in either browser or Real Player and it didn't open in DivX, just, never mind.

I just saw the ending video thanks for posting the link.

As I mentioned before, I cheated so i skipped lot of inbetween levels of the game. I wonder how Mr. Freeman end up in space?

As I mentioned before, I cheated so i skipped lot of inbetween levels of the game. I wonder how Mr. Freeman end up in space?

Basically, the aliens are continually being teleported to earth by a single creature, called the Nihilanth. The Nihilanth is on Xen, where the aliens come from. Gordon meets up with other scientists and they teleport him to Xen. Gordon eventually makes his way to the Nihilanth and destroys it in a spectacular explosion. You get teleported somewhere and the Gman is there. He starts to talk to you and then both of you are teleported onto a tram that is in space (dont ask me why) and then he asks you if you want to work for him.

gmans voice

Don't u love the gmans voice when he slithers tho :p
i hope he's somewhat still snake like this time
kinda half humanoid : /

Back