How do I get rid of the damn Antlions?!

F

Fixxxer

Am I missing something or is there NO WAY to get rid of the damn Antlions! When they first started killing for me, it was fun, and amusing. Now they are just annoying! I'm in the old prision! I'm after picking up a few things that look like "anti-bug" signs or something, but it say i'm already at max! Haaalp! :sniper: *Antlion*

the anti bug signs are actually just secondary ammo for the combine pulse rifle. nothing to do with the ant lions. Basicly the easiest thing to do is to get all of the killed by turrets or something and never call them again. trust me, later on, you will want the ant lions and they wont come

They will go away eventually... just keep playing.

Thats my only complaint with the game really. Those antlions never knew when to leave. I found myself blasting them with the gravity gun to get them out of my way.

shotgun secondary fire did the trick for me.

Audiophile said:
shotgun secondary fire did the trick for me.
Waste of ammo, 1 shot will suffice in gibbing it completely.

Given that you aren't standing more than 10ft away.

Shooting them at all is waste of ammo. Thats why I blasted them with the gravity gun.

Or you can just let them do your job and finish that part of the game with very little damage taken. I tried to do that, and was surprised at how it's possible to complete the Nova Prospekt chapter with losing minimal amounts of health and ammo. The antlions stand very well against those combine solders, can trip those lasermines for you, and genreally, be a great help if you use them wisely.

Krabjuice said:
Throw the bugbait somewhere *else*
Thats why its there >_>

That only works for about 5 seconds, then they start coming back up out of the floor. Anyway, I completed that part of the game. Problem solved! :thumbs:

Kick back and relax and let the antlions do the work. Later on you'll be cursing the fact you don't have them anymore.

Jez

Back