how do i mod my evga 6800 NU to 16 pipes

i mean mod it with riva tuner but mine just says

dtermined by vga bios / custom
but custom part is SOOOO cofusing its not even funny :sniper: :LOL:

Well I dunno how to, I've never done it before. I'm kinda wondering if I could change my 5200 to an Ultra, seeing as the Ultra is kinda decent.

This is going from memory but the 6800 (Non-Ultra) has it's pipelines disabled. Only if you knew the way to do a physical hardware modification could you even attempt to enable the pipelines. Search on google and see if anyone has done it.

It will not be a simple flash and it will be very risky.

but using riva tuner some cards can get there pipelines unlocked without physical flashing :)

RussianEmpire said:
but using riva tuner some cards can get there pipelines unlocked without physical flashing :)

Link please.

You don't understand. Not only do you have to flash the card, you literally have to disconnect and reconnect certain bridges on the physical card. You have a high chance of killing your card. If it does work (99% chance it won't), you probably will have damaged piplines. Not to mention heat and power issues as well.

Whilst its possible to activate all 16 pipelines on a standard 6800 with a hard mod it would be impossible to clock the card to the same speeds as an ultra. You might get full core speed with some VERY good cooling but the 6800 has much lower clocked GDDR1 memory as opposed to faster clocked GDDR3 memory on the ultra

I wouldn't mess with any of that. You gotta really know what you're doing when you're hardmodding, which you would need to do, and besides the 6800NU is a good card, not worth it at all, too dangerous and almost never works.

Back