How Do I Replace Ugly CT Model?

V

veilz

the new CT model is really bugging me, i want to swap it for another one but it seems my player folder that contains the .vtf files for urban and terror are missing...

does anyone know the new filename for the CT model and where it is located?

Extract the urban and terror models from your counter-strike source shared.gcf and place them back into your models folder under player. Boom no more new models for either terror or urban.

does extracting them remove them out of the shared.gcf folder or make copies of them?

i seem to only be extracting them (making copies instead of removing them)

i shut down steam and cs completely too before opening the shared.gcf file

I had custom CT and Terrorist models before the update and now my CT model is the new one but the custom CT model is right where it was in the player Urban folder.

What gives? How do I get it to use my Custom model that already there?

Steam probably wrote over your custom model with the new CS:S one. You'll need to redownload it.

Chris_D said:
Steam probably wrote over your custom model with the new CS:S one. You'll need to redownload it.

I was thinking that. Thanks I'll try it.

Edit: Tried it... No luck... Anyone else have this trouble?

yea im having this trouble too. i always had sicc ass custom skins, but nowi can replace the T skin, but not the CT skin.

If it's just a skin then it won't work, as I assume the new model has different UV maps. If it's a whole.mdl file, then i don't know.

I don't mind the new skin myself, except it looks like there in the snow with those goggles and it looks like they're in a beanie... :O

The new model isn't that bad but I had skins more like actual Terrorists and US Army forces that worked great in the dust maps instead of snow pants and swat teams.

The shoulders look goofy when holding a weapon.

I guess I have to look for the orginal .mdl file or find a .mdl file for the skin I want to use?

Anyone thats able to skin just got a skin with a nice matte black helmet rather than a shiny one?

Back