• One year

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Three years and above

Votes: 15 32.6%

• Total voters
Since Doom was released.

first time i try it ! hammer ans cs: s gave me the "motivation" :D

I just started about 3 weeks ago for me, i have lots to learn :D

I voted 6 months, since that's about how long I've been using Hammer. Been mapping since Red Faction though, but I'm not sure if that is what you were asking !?

I can't remember so it has to be three years and above easily :)

6yrs i have been

got awarded best 3 sp campaig for mohaa *medal of honour allied assault.*

i was leader of a mod in cod..

now im currently doing a story driven hl2 sp levels ;) screenshots coming soon

ever since i beat the hl2 sp and was dissappointed that there was nothing more :O so, i started right at the beginning of the year, a good 3 months its been :D

Lol, i didn't know you were asking in general, i voted 6 months, (hammer), but i made my first map, in Star Wars Dark Forces II, did some ut2004 stuff, and now hl2/css/my mod...

-NonStopableForce

About 2 years now. Worldcraft came with HL1 cd :)

I voted 3 mos, but its probably been only a few weeks of actual mapping!

I tried getting into mapping back in the Duke Nukem 3D days! Hahaha, this is so much more fun to play with!

I've been mapping for ages. The problem is that I get bored of what I'm making pretty quickly, meaning I never finish anything.

6 years ago in jedi knight: dark forces 2 and just recently moved to HL2...and took 4 semesters in CAD 3d modeling at my school. (and 1 architechural drafting course). I wonder if i could do this for a living....cause id sure as hell like to

WAR_Nuker said:
6 years ago in jedi knight: dark forces 2 and just recently moved to HL2...and took 4 semesters in CAD 3d modeling at my school. (and 1 architechural drafting course). I wonder if i could do this for a living....cause id sure as hell like to

Wow, sounds just like me, but i haven't taken architecural, i have taken CAD, 9th 10th, and (now) 11th grade.. i dont know what it is, but i like it..

-NonStopableForce

I started about 2.5 weeks ago, and I'm coming relatively close to finishing my first presentable map.

Forever. I started properly mapping with Doom. And before that, I used to arse around with in-built editors for even older games (that weren't fps games).

-Angry Lawyer

I'll just chime in, because I see no one has mentioned UT. My first map was a DM map of my school for UT (very original, I know :p ). That was in 2000.

StardogChampion said:
I've been mapping for ages. The problem is that I get bored of what I'm making pretty quickly, meaning I never finish anything.
same 4 me.

mappin ~3 months.

Back