How much is my PC worth?

NeptuneUK

Space Core
Reaction score
I am looking at selling my main desktop (just the tower) how much is a fair asking price?
I bought the case for ?90 too!

Specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate
Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz
2X1 GB DDR2 ram at 533mhz
Creative X-fi Xtreme music sound card
Geforce 8800GTS 640mb
200GB SATA-II hard drive
80GB IDE Hard drive (secondary)
Abit Fatal1ty mobo
+ a standard dual layer DVD re-writer blah
(anything missed out?)

Case looks like this:
http://wellcom.co.il/catalog/images/Thermaltake/1000bws.jpg

How much would you pay for it? Thanks!

If anyone could recommend a suitable laptop/macbook replacement for about 500-800 pounds GBP for producing music, it would be greatly appreciated!

I would pay somewhere in the region of ?400 - ?600.

...400 - 600 GBP. Stupid forums.

What is the PSU and how old is the computer?

Based off that, I'd pay $900~ USD. (Top Secret is right saying the case dings it a bit, but his price is dumb.)

The base cost of that setup is a little over $1000 USD. But if it's more than 6 months old, the price only goes lower.

Made it just before christmas and its some 70 pound modular thermaltake 750W thing ATX2.something

What is the PSU and how old is the computer?

Based off that, I'd pay $900~ USD. (Top Secret is right saying the case dings it a bit, but his price is dumb.)

Be quiet, idiot. Do not speak unless spoken to.

He has less than 300gb between TWO hard drives, the processor is outdated, the DDR2 is one step up from the slowest made, and the soundcard is practically useless. He would get more for it if he parted it out. The only thing worth a damn on that computer is the PSU, GPU, and Vista.

Like I said, 500 dollars. Part it out and you might be able to eek out 650~

Hehe.. Like you can talk dear brother. I have seen your case...

-MRG

You be quiet too! :p

Not as much as it was when you started this thread.
...damn computers.

Be quiet, idiot. Do not speak unless spoken to.

He would get more for it if he parted it out. The only thing worth a damn on that computer is the PSU, GPU, and Vista.

Like I said, 500 dollars. Part it out and you might be able to eek out 650~
You forget his mobo.

I estimate it at about $1000 usd if you were to build it yourself

man some of you need to learn your pc components....

you would be ripped off if you ever paid 1000USD for that system.

computer components value goes down as time flies by

Exactly giant, but the OP hasn't posted how old the computer is. My guess is six months (judging by the CPU speed and GPU). But if it's over a year old, then I'd pay less than $900 too.

*sigh* it doesnt matter how old the computer is, you can buy a shitty prebuilt pc at any store and just because its new means nothing in the computer world.

i dont care about how long hes had the pc, i based the price on todays component prices

*sigh* it doesnt matter how old the computer is, you can buy a shitty prebuilt pc at any store and just because its new means nothing in the computer world.

i dont care about how long hes had the pc, i based the price on todays component prices

Well, you also have to take reliability into account. Older systems have collected dust and corrosion, and the connections become less viable as the metals expand and contract from heating and cooling. The older a system is, the more likely the hardware is to die on you. This is especially true of things like power supplies and cooling systems.

Hmm Post it up on craigslist as best offer I wouldn' pay more than $600 for it but You never know.I'm also glad to see i'm not the only one who uses a cube case,w00t

Back