How much time has passed?(possible spoilers)

S

shuin4

So I noticed that there is a significant amount of time that's passed from the end of HL2 to Ep 1, but how much time exactly?

Barney's a little messier than he was in HL2, all the main characters and most of the living citizens of City 17 have escaped, yet Dog just happened to stick around the Citadel until Alyx came back.

This also brings up another question: Did G-Man put Alyx into stasis with you? She seems to have been running around the outskirts of the citadel awhile before she found you(since she's been communicating with her dad and he was shocked she didn't escape yet) So this leads me to believe the vortigaunts took her right before/after you were put into stasis and you were there awhile before the vortigaunts got you out as well.

shuin4 said:
So I noticed that there is a significant amount of time that's passed from the end of HL2 to Ep 1, but how much time exactly?

Barney's a little messier than he was in HL2, all the main characters and most of the living citizens of City 17 have escaped, yet Dog just happened to stick around the Citadel until Alyx came back.

This also brings up another question: Did G-Man put Alyx into stasis with you? She seems to have been running around the outskirts of the citadel awhile before she found you(since she's been communicating with her dad and he was shocked she didn't escape yet) So this leads me to believe the vortigaunts took her right before/after you were put into stasis and you were there awhile before the vortigaunts got you out as well.

I would say that the time lapse between the ending of HL2: Episode 0 and the beginning of HL2: Episode 1 is less than 5 minutes if that.

Actually I don't believe that the G-man put Alyx into stasis with you. In fact, I believe he was just going to let her die until the Vorts intervened.

What I want to know, is how Kliener and Eli got out so damn fast, and where the hell is Lamarr :p

Sufferin-rebel said:
What I want to know, is how Kliener and Eli got out so damn fast, and where the hell is Lamarr :p
Ask Samon. Apperantely, it's all completely obvious...

not sure about eli, but alyx made sure kliener was in a safe place.......... in HL2

It has to be longer than minutes if Eli go to Black Mesa East and if Mossman is in the Arctic.

after the vortiguants rescue Gordon and alyx, they are somehow both buried by rubble until Dog digs them out, I think a few hours, to that point

I would assume as long as it took Alyx to get where you are and find you. If I had to guess then a few hours.

What I don't get is how the hell Kliener got into the Citadel. I suppose though, that if Eli could be teleported there, then perhaps Kliener could teleport himself there.

If you want to see Lammarr, wait 'till Kliener's speech about evacuating City 17 is over.
You'll see Kliener talking to Lammarr, saying to be careful.

If all of you had bothered to take your time playing through and watched the entire Kleiner-cast, you would have seen Lamarr at the beginning/end loop.

As for time passed, I reckon maybe an hour or so. That would certainly give time for Kleiner and Eli to escape.

Sufferin-rebel said:

Kleiner was never in the Citadel. You mean Judith and Eli. The latter two escaped the Citadel in one of Breens escape pods.

Langolier said:
What I don't get is how the hell Kliener got into the Citadel. I suppose though, that if Eli could be teleported there, then perhaps Kliener could teleport himself there.

Kleiner never went to the Citadel...

Very true. Kliener wasn't in the Citadel. Don't you remember in HL2 where Alyx says that she was going to get Kliener in a safe area?

I don't think the Citadel would be considered a "safe area" with it falling apart.

And besides, it's completey ridiculous to assume she took Kleiner to the Citadel, dumped him there, then travelled back into C17 to find you when your goal was the Citadel anyway. :p
She took him further away from the city.

At least several hours have passed. at the Very least.

When contact is made with Eli and Kleiner, Alyx says "we've been trying to reach them for hours". The following conversation shows that they've been in contact once already, so it is at least 4 hours.

Factor in the time it must have taken to contact them initially, then it could be anywhere from 5-8 hours or so? roughly. ish.

I'd say at least several hours passed until Gordon Freeman was found.

cabbs said:
At least several hours have passed. at the Very least.

When contact is made with Eli and Kleiner, Alyx says "we've been trying to reach them for hours". The following conversation shows that they've been in contact once already, so it is at least 4 hours..

I doubt they've already been in contact - otherwise they'd have known she was at the Citadel.

A few hours have passed though.

Samon said:
I doubt they've already been in contact - otherwise they'd have known she was at the Citadel.

A few hours have passed though.

She keeps saying that they will find the recovery of gordon a great surprise. The only way they could know that alyx was there and looking for you is if she contacted them. They had some sort of dialogue going before you arrived.

From Alyx's comment, "we've been trying to reach them for hours," it's at least a few hours later. Also, at the end of HL2, the sun was just about to set. However, from the sun location in Ep1, it's late afternoon. So it's been about 21 hours plus a multiple of 24. Gordon finally got his first real rest since the resonance cascade!

Unless you count the thirteen years in stasis.

Gordon: What TIME is it? Did I oversleep? Christ! 2019? I missed my niece's birthday!

Or something like that.

Back