How the Would you guys go about creating this.?

I would start by creating a plane, turn it into a editable polgon and work out all the flat surfaces adding verts to a single polgon. Once the shape is correct and its perfectly flat turn into other areas.

This is what i did lastnight m8 and i dont want to realy do anymore till i get the formation of the handgrip right :)

can you do a sort of step be step m8 cos i think i know what your talking about.

Heres what ive done Picture isnt very good but this is the only way i know how to acctualy put it on the net to show you guys :)

Attachments

• GOoch.P226.JPG
    GOoch.P226.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 355
i would start off with a box at the bottom of the handle.. have a look at the gun and have a think how many pollys your gunna need on the sides and stuff.. i would say mayb 2 or 3 for the curvy bit (only make 1/2 of it then it will be mirrored) and also how many you will need for the side looking at the different details. after you done that work on getting the top down shape of it right, so that it matches the curve of the gun then just extrude up bit by bit trying to keep with the contors of the grip. forget about all the indents and curves built in for now, just get the basic shape of the grip, once that is done you can cut pollys and start working in to the finer details.

try not to rush your models, no point in churning out loads. better to spend abit more time and know you have made somthing alot better

Nice one Fishymumma

I do spend alot of time on the modles i do this SIG was done last night after 3 attempts.

The picture dosent acctualtydo it justice.:(

opps sorry if i offended you :(

i used to have the same problem with pistols but generaly after a few trys you get the hang of it... i find the best thing to do is plan ahead so you have enough pollys to work with but not so many that it gets cluttered

Hey m8 No offence taken :)

all im dooing now is. Ive created another box section on the side of the handle and working my way up Extrudeing as i go and getting the Verticies as good as a can. Gonna get a shot as soon as i get some were near see what you think :)

Here m8 this is what ive done so far is this correct (what you were talking about)?

Let me know m8 :)

yea thats the idear i would stick another cople of rows of pollys going up so that you can add abit of depth to the grip remeber your hand is gunna be going around it so it would be curved

Yea right done that Lifted the Verticies just as the Mag eject button starts to give the grip more depth.
The same on the other side as well but not to much.

keep us posted with update i wanna see how you get along :D

Had a total nightmare lastnight with what i was trying to do (Extrude) the parts on the acctual plastic grip.
what i could realy do with is some one showing me what to do.. Extrudeing and cutting and adding is where i need most help. Please could some one give me a run through (in laymens terms) of what to do and how to form these (in my eyes) complex shapes and get them smoothed right. Please :)

what bit?? on the grip.... i might give it a go :D got nothing much better to do during 1/2 tearm :D well im doing geog c/w but ill give it a go when i got some time :D

can you sort me a pic of it that one at top of thread aint working :(

YEA the link is dead up there m8 :(

Ive got this though ive circled it so you know what part of the grip/plastic im haveing trouble with..

PS..And befoer you eagle eyed modlers out there spot this....(the picture of the grip is wood not Plastic).;)

you got a side on pic of it?? so i can get shape right

Im totaly Stuck now .:( Not sure what to do with the grip. Buger Bugger BUGGER....

im giving it a gow as well :eek: not going to well so far hehehe .

he gooch, your already pretty good mate, you've been practising :)
keep it up !
(i need to start modeling again soon also, although i never post my pictures here :p, i just check for other people's work :> )

laterz

Cheers for the Support simon :)

i havent posted my best work yet :)..i want to complete this pistol then ill post the MP5 ive done as well :)

Yea Fishymumma its a bit on the difficult side isnt it :(

hehe im getting there... i went slightly wrong but i figgered out whats going on now :D hehe. why you gotta choose such a weird pistol :p

hehe ok i need to do a render
tbh i think its looking abit pooop

just been working on the grip havnt got very far... gotta sort out all the smooth groups and stuff.. im not sure if im gunna do it all hehe i just started to help you out but i might try and do it all now :bounce:

Yea thats about it m8 but more depth at the top :)

Nice one fella God that looks good :)..youll have to run me through it when youve finnished :)

:D thanx... i just done the dip before i renderd it hehe... really its not that had once you done it a few times. just a case of looking at what your making. atm im not to happy with it, but not finished yet, loads of time to sort out the bits.

have you given your self a polly limit for it?? or you just going for it and seeing what heppens

btw, so far made all that starting with one box and extruding

No m8 no poly limmit :)

thats all good going for 1 box m8 :)
Cos thats all i did
well acctualy know it isnt the handle and the under side on the trigger houseing are all 1 box the acctual grip with all the formations in it are 2 thats includeing both sides so theres 1 box either side..
So realy thats 3 boxes......Going away to think about what ive just posted ...Im totaly confused now heheh ;)

Ho yea m8 how the hell do you get that effect with the back ground and the front of the modle and shadow...Realy cool

GOoch said:
No m8 no poly limmit :)

thats all good going for 1 box m8 :)
Cos thats all i did
well acctualy know it isnt the handle and the under side on the trigger houseing are all 1 box the acctual grip with all the formations in it are 2 thats includeing both sides so theres 1 box either side..
So realy thats 3 boxes......Going away to think about what ive just posted ...Im totaly confused now heheh ;)

Ho yea m8 how the hell do you get that effect with the back ground and the front of the modle and shadow...Realy cool

the to sides of the grip can easly be welded together, but i dont really think it makes much different how many bits its made from. i would try and keep the mesh tidy, deleting unseen pollys and stuff. i know you say your not worried bout the polly count but its a really good habbit.

-

just stuck down a plane and put on an omni light behind the model.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15964&highlight=clay+render
^ have a look there if you wanna know how to do the gi

Yea i tend to go back after the modle is made nad delete what i can. in all honesty m8 this is the 2 modle ive made and taken time over to try and get right, I have another but im not showing it untill this is finnished ill show it with the completed version of this m8 :)

sorted the bloody thing. Christ must be about 3 weeks on and off, I got the formation right on the hand grip. ill post a pic as soon as i have one ;)

This is what i have so far was totaly concentrating on getting the grip right :)
got it in the end though.

Ps sorry about the 3 posts wont let me EDIT.?

Back