How to join all your bink movies together into one big movie

jasonh1234

Reaction score
1. Download and install rad video tools (http://www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm)

2. Shutdown all programs and disable your screensaver

3. Run rad video tools.

4. Browse to the folder containing your videos

5. Highlight all the movies

6. Click "Create list"

7. Make sure the order of the video files is correct.

8. For start and end frames, enter the following info for each file.
G-man: Start frame 147, End frame 1597
Docks: Start frame 185, End frame 2311

If you want to include the HL2 logo in between each video, leave the start and end frames blank. This will result in a larger video file though. These frame counts are my best guess and I can't guarantee they will be exactly right. The frame count is determined by selecting "Analyze file" from within rad video tools. I've saved you the trouble and provided the numbers here but as more HL2 videos are released you will have to find the frame counts for new movies yourself.
Think of the line graph as a decible meter. Quiet time is black screen, slight bumps are the white text, and full on wavy line is video. It's pretty self explanitory. Just write down the frame numbers where the actual video starts and ends.

9. Save your list file to somewhere. I used my movie directory.

10. Now this part will take a LONG time on even a high end PC. So do this before you go to bed. Highlight your list file, and then click the"Bink it" icon

11. On the Bink compressor window, leave all settings as is.
If you want to reduce the file size you can select for more audio compression at the bottom of the window. Click the "Bink" button on the right.

12. Wait for it to complete.
For the Dock and G-man videos together without the Kleiner's lab video it is going to take my computer over 5 hours tonight. I have a 1.3 Ghz AMD Athlon with 256MB Ram. Make you own estimates from this info.

13. Good moring. Convert the new .BIK file to an autoplaying .exe by highlighting it in rad video tools. And clicking "Advanced play"

14. Select the following options. Under "Playback options" select the option from the Blitting style pulldown menu "DirectDraw to Primary surface". Under "File buffering" select the checkbox for "Preload the entire file into memory" These options will allow for the smoothest playback.
As an additional option you can also select the checkbox for "Loop the playback" The video will run in an endless loop until you hit the "Esc" key duing viewing.

15. Click the "Make .EXE" button. Choose your new filename and location to save the file to, and then click compile. This takes only a few seconds.

16. Run your new video file and enjoy your E3 quality big movie.

If someone figures out how to convert this .EXE into a screensaver, please let me know.

good work i have to say, seems about as concise as it gets. It took me about 2 hours to finally get the Kleiner video working thanks to unclear instructions, this seems about perfect. I haven't tried it yet, but i will.

I was gonna do this at the end once i had all the files. If its gonna take that long i think ill just convert them all to divx then join them instead. Not perfect but its what im gonna do.

Originally posted by jasonh1234
If someone figures out how to convert this .EXE into a screensaver, please let me know.
Rename from .EXE to .SCR and pop it with the rest of the screensavers (Location depends on your Windows Version). That should then work :bounce:

Re: Re: How to join all your bink movies together into one big movie

Originally posted by NeoLojik
Rename from .EXE to .SCR and pop it with the rest of the screensavers (Location depends on your Windows Version). That should then work :bounce:
Well 'll be damned. You're right. Ha.
Sure is slow to load though.

Back