How to make cd out of dvd?

CptHawkeye

Hunter
Reaction score
One of my favorite DVD's is actually a Bruce Springsteen concert. However, I'd like to know how to take the audio and make a CD out of it, in essence ripping the audio part of the DvD. I'm sure this must be possible, I'm just not sure how to go about it.

Any advice?

I'm pretty sure this is in the wrong place. Probably should have gone into hardware and software.

I apologize, I was following the example of this thread

If this is in fact the wrong place, may a mod kindly move it?

Well I don't have any experience with dvd's but I'm pretty sure it would be as simple as putting the dvd in the drive and opening up your cd-writing software. Then it would just be a matter drag and drop. Of course this is just a guess, but I highly doubt it would be any different.

Turn on your speakers, place a mic directed at them and go.

Wartime, thats a bad idea, You'll get horrible sound quality.

I dont personally know of a program that will do it, since i dont have a dvd rom.
But, you could run a cable from speaker headphone, or speaker output on the mobo, back into LINE IN.

Then record it, and burn it.

If you have plenty of hard drive space use nvdvd as that can rip sounds whilst you watch the DVD.

Ok all I figured it out, lemme tell you how in case anyone else is interested.

Search for a program called DVD Decrypter, and use it to make a copy of the DVD on your hard drive. Then, search for a program called DVD Audio Extractor, point it at your hard drive DVD, and it does the rest of the work for you, including creating MP3's. Cool stuff. Thanks for your help all.

Back