How to make the bink videos run smoother?

shibs_himself

Reaction score
I remember doing this a long time ago but I forgot how.

With the bink videos, there's a way to use the RAD tools to make them run smoother.

Does anyone know how this is done?

And are there any other bink videos released that Halflife2.net does not have?

In advanced play, use these settings.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 386
shibs_himself said:
I remember doing this a long time ago but I forgot how.

With the bink videos, there's a way to use the RAD tools to make them run smoother.

Does anyone know how this is done?

And are there any other bink videos released that Halflife2.net does not have?
.... Do bink videos actually chop on your computer!? If they do well , you wont be able to run hl2 at all.

No, just because the binks chop doesn't mean the game won't run well, lots and lots of people have had problems with the binks, myself included, and most of us have the hardware for hl2.

on my other computer i had a pentium 3 1 Ghz and 128mb ram and a geforce 4 ti 4200

you should bve able to play half life 2 on it but the binks i ran on that computer were very choppy. i was glad when someone made som fan movies for wmp using the bink media in it

odd.. I've ran binks fine since my p1 166 ^_^ (Total Annihilation used BINK)

umm... how do you run it in advanced play?

thats just what i was thinking.

i suspect you have to download the RAD tools from the bink website (it pops up once you finish viewing a video).

EDIT: after downloading the said tools, that is the way to access the advanced play menu. however, all my settings were exactly as in that screenshot. it doesnt matter to me, because it works fine (i just wanted to see how) but that doesnt really solve the problem. maybe if you changed the buffer option to almost the entire size of the file, then it wouldnt have to load much while it was playing.

Back