How will my PC stand up to Half-Life 2?

P

PET

Hello everyone im new here. I have been looking at the forms for a couple of weeks now and wondering how my computer would do playing the game so here are my spec's....

Alienware Aurora

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional with Service Pack 2
Desktop Enhancements: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager
AlienRespawn: Alienware® Respawn Recovery Kit
Chassis: Alienware® Full-Tower Case (480-Watt PS) - Space Black
Power Supply: Alienware® 480 Watt Power Supply
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 FX-55 Processor with HyperTransport Technology
Motherboard: ABIT AV8 - VIA K8T800 Pro Motherboard
Memory: 2GB Extreme Dual Channel DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz - 4 x 512MB
Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 Ultra 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and S-Video Out
Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Fusion Red
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 250GB Western Digital Caviar® SE 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: Lite-On® 16x DVD-ROM Drive with Software DVD Decoder
Optical Drive Two: Lite-On 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1 Surround Firewire (IEEE® 1394)
Network Connection: High Speed Gigabit Ethernet
Keyboard: Microsoft® Basic Keyboard Black
Mouse: Microsoft® Basic Optical Mouse Black

..........And I was wondering how good does the Nvidia card that I have work on the game because I herd that they used the ATI x800 card to do all the movies on the internet. Thanks for all your help. ;) :sniper: :afro:

You might squeeze it into 640x480 if you pop textures on low, and character models to med/low.
I'd update ur RAM, not enuff of it.
And downgrade to windows 95.

Your PC should own it buddy. Enjoy, ya lucky so n so. I've gotta stick with crappy med textures in 800 res :(

PET said:
Hello everyone im new here. I have been looking at the forms for a couple of weeks now and wondering how my computer would do playing the game

HAHAHAHA...

You ARE kidding right?

im in the same position

Well im considering buying it But a few questions to the Community First

1. how well would it run ive recenlty shell out a lot on a new gfx im sure youll be able to tell from my specs and id like it mainly on high's with 1076x800 i can do it on far cry abet in opengl mode (hell)

Amd Xp 2600+ @ 2.06 ghz (my weakest point?)
1026mb ddr ram
gfx4 6800 GT 512mb (had to kill a man for this)

Have i gone abit overboard with the gfx card i think my processors slowing it up a fair bit allready having trouble with things.

2. Are things like Counter Strike source and DOD soucre Gonna be free to download from my reserch it appears not.

If so thats a bit riduculas move my valve + co considering the only reason such a community sprang up was due to the goodwill and transprent nature of the mod community just giving stuff out, i know theres that well they worked on it argument but its still a bt stupid.

Cheers for helping me if i get the right ansers ill buy it tommorw :p

This "PET" guy is off to a great start here, since how good your computer is and how well liked you are seem to be in direct relationship with each other.

Right guys?

Right?

I hate these people who ask when thier computers are worth $3000.

what about moi? sorry just really need this all anserd

aye it will obviously play on max everything, shame you could have built the same thing for half the price :)

What about the Nvidia Card. Is it run better than the ATI. What do you guys think?

oh christ, I didn't notice it's an alienware.

Why bother asking....

You should have went away from the Alienware and bought the X800 as well, that way you could have just compared them yourself :|

So what do you think about the Nvidia Card Playing Half Life 2?????
Tell Me what you Think................

Any card that is relatively new (yours is pretty much the best available) will play HL2 amazingly, especially when its backed up by a system such as yours! :O

p.s, I really do hope that your post was meant to be sarcastic.

burner69 said:
You might squeeze it into 640x480 if you pop textures on low, and character models to med/low.
lol

"Will HL2 run ok on my super fast top of the line PC?"

stfu.
PET said:
What about the Nvidia Card. Is it run better than the ATI. What do you guys think?
I'm sure you wont notice a spot of difference. Come on, now man. Just buy the game already. With a computer like that of course you're going to. Now stop bragging about your specs on anonymous internet sites and go show it off to your friends instead.

Thats all for this post thanks for all of your help everyone.....bY

Congrats! on spending WAY to much F***ing money!

3,539.00 (3,239.00 after 300 dollar mail in rebate)

You could have bought all the parts sperate and built it yourself for much less. good job.

And while the 6800 ultra will still run hl2 good, it won't do it as well as the top of the line ATI card.

Back