How will the menus look for new mods?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, when in halflife 2, will they add a new button when they release SDK tools that says "Mods" or something? Right now there's only these: New game, options, quit (and some more that I've forgotten) so how will u start up mods?

There's a seperate menu in Steam called "Third Party Games" in the "Play Games" section. When you install a mod it gets added into there.

You should already have Natural Selection in there if you have any sense :p:p:p. Hostile Intent too.

StardogChampion said:
There's a seperate menu in Steam called "Third Party Games" in the "Play Games" section. When you install a mod it gets added into there.

You should already have Natural Selection in there if you have any sense :p:p:p. Hostile Intent too.
Some people made HL2 mods already (HL2 MP, for example) and it doesn't appear in the menu at all. :x

Merc248 said:
Some people made HL2 mods already (HL2 MP, for example) and it doesn't appear in the menu at all. :x

Hmm, maybe because the full SDK isn't out yet. No idea.

This brings up a question in me too... I and some guys are going to make an MP mod for HL2... but actually I have no idea how we are going to make it Multiplayer if HL2 itself doesn't have it... anyone know how this can be solved or will be done by Valve for the modmakers?

Meyer said:
This brings up a question in me too... I and some guys are going to make an MP mod for HL2... but actually I have no idea how we are going to make it Multiplayer if HL2 itself doesn't have it... anyone know how this can be solved or will be done by Valve for the modmakers?

Deathmatch is there if you look closely. Valve just didn't make anything else except the code so modders could easily incorperate DM into their mods.

Just wait for the full sdk... I'm sure there will be plenty of info - Valve is, although many don't believe it, the #1 in supporting its modding community.

Kyo said:
Deathmatch is there if you look closely. Valve just didn't make anything else except the code so modders could easily incorperate DM into their mods.

^what he said, DM is built in...yes there is a dm for HL2, search for it

Meyer said:
I heard from someone that the full SDK will contain a Multiplayer base from modders to build from.

Back