How would you go about burning the content from a .cue file onto a DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Reaction score
Or can I mount it and get the content through there? Because I tried doing that through Daemon, and it was a no go, I just got a folder with random unreadable files.

How big is the .cue file?

From my extensive (however, long ago) experience with .cue files, I've come to believe they're just information which tell a image handling program how to manage a .bin file.

Wikipedia.org said:
A cue sheet, or cue file, is an ASCII (plain text) file that specifies how the tracks of a compact disc should be laid out.

Cue sheets are also used for many types of CDs in conjunction with an image file. The image file generally has a ".bin" extension.

Source

So wherever you received the .cue file from, look and see if you can also download the .bin file.

With daemon tools you could also just mount the .bin and then open Nero or something similar, and use the virtual drive as the source for a dvd-copy.

With daemon tools you could also just mount the .bin and then open Nero or something similar, and use the virtual drive as the source for a dvd-copy.

Daemon's not letting me mount the bin for some reason.

Oh well, I guess I'll just download Alchohol when I get home.

huh.. It has always worked for me. Do you have the latest version?

Awesome piracy discussion here guys. Good work.

Shasta why are you always picking on other people? We're not directly talking about piracy here, so shut your cake-hole.

Bin and Cue files are common image formats. Its used just as often for legal purposes as it is for illegal. You dont know what hes using it for, and its none of our business.

Oh wait Slacker, did you select "show all files" when trying to open the .bin with daemon tools? Because normally it only shows the .cue.

Oh wait Slacker, did you select "show all files" when trying to open the .bin with daemon tools? Because normally it only shows the .cue.

Ah, I sure wasn't. Thanks.

Still, the bin file is also just random folders and crap.

And GTFO, Shasta.

I'm sure it's all perfectly legal. I mean, a kid with an image he didn't make of a disc he doesn't have is SURELY his maths homework, right? "Random folders and crap" he said. I ALWAYS get my random folders and crap in image format. How else would they work in my DVD drive????

Good job guys, keep it up.

I'm sure it's all perfectly legal. I mean, a kid with an image he didn't make of a disc he doesn't have is SURELY his maths homework, right? "Random folders and crap" he said. I ALWAYS get my random folders and crap in image format. How else would they work in my DVD drive????

Good job guys, keep it up.

FINE THEN, IT WAS A DOWNLOADED MOVIE, OK!? DOESN'T MATTER, ASSHOLE

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE

(btw i got it to work, thanks for the help)

No problem sir.

Anything I can to help with piracy.

o wait....

FINE THEN, IT WAS A DOWNLOADED MOVIE, OK!? DOESN'T MATTER, ASSHOLE

YAR HAR FIDDLE DEE DEE

So asking for help with piracy wasn't enough? Now that you have admited it, you want try and insult / flame me too? You are a real piece of work, and a shining example to the HL2 community.

We all know that piracy happens, but I'm very sure it's not supposed to happen here. I can only hope that your IP etc has been forwarded to the proper channels. Especially if you are stupid enough to publicly admit to piracy.

So asking for help with piracy wasn't enough? Now that you have admited it, you want try and insult / flame me too? You are a real piece of work, and a shining example to the HL2 community.

We all know that piracy happens, but I'm very sure it's not supposed to happen here. I can only hope that your IP etc has been forwarded to the proper channels. Especially if you are stupid enough to publicly admit to piracy.

What exactly do you think is going to happen to him? do you know how many terabytes of data are pirated and moved on the internet each day?

the proper channels... /lol

What exactly do you think is going to happen to him? do you know how many terabytes of data are pirated and moved on the internet each day?
Yep, as with most illegal things, alot of people get away with it. However, most crime-busting / catching organizations, including the police, won't turn down an easy catch, with (for example) an admission, and an IP etc to go with it. It helps them keep their statitstics up, for very little effort. It's up to the admins whether or not they forward the info.

Whether or not anything happens to the little twerp, I'm sure HL2.net is not keen to have support and help for piracy given out and discussed here.

Hey Shasta - I recently pirated a game and two CDs. Better call the morality police!

Hey Shasta - I recently pirated a game and two CDs. Better call the morality police!
Why? It's not a case of morals. The record and movie companies don't seem to have morals, but the law is the law. You've just shown that you don't get it. I'll explain it to you. It's about:

1: HL2.net being used for helping piracy.

2: People being stupid enough to admit to piracy and oher illegal activities in a public forum, where a quick-thinking admin could easily hand their info over to police etc. I can't stand people with less I.Q. than a piece of used chewing gum.

Why? It's not a case of morals. The record and movie companies don't seem to have morals, but the law is the law. You've just shown that you don't get it. I'll explain it to you. It's about:

1: HL2.net being used for helping piracy.

2: People being stupid enough to admit to piracy and oher illegal activities in a public forum, where a quick-thinking admin could easily hand their info over to police etc. I can't stand people with less I.Q. than a piece of used chewing gum.
Oh come off it. You know just as well as I do that nothing is going to happen to anyone in this thread. HL2.net wasn't explicitly being used to help piracy, it was being used to help someone burn a nonspecific DVD image - until you came in the thread and started, well, whining.

And admitting to something on the Internet is like talking when you're drunk - most everyone believes you, but nobody really cares.

HL2.net wasn't explicitly being used to help piracy, it was being used to help someone burn a nonspecific DVD image - until you came in the thread and started, well, whining.
"Non-specific DVD image"? Are you retarded? It was obvious from the start that it was piracy. Just because you couldn't connect the dots and realise it was piracy, doesn't make it any less illegal.

"Wasn't explicitly being used to help piracy"? Well, he has already admitted it was piracy, and it was on the HL2.net forums. That couldn't be a clearer case of piracy being assisted on HL2.net. You are an idiot.

Although from the start there was a possibility that there was piracy involved, there were no "dots" that would really stand out to me that told me he got whatever it is illegally. You were just jumping to conclusions. Seems like you were adding your own dots to make your picture look better. Anyway, if this thread was against the rules of HL2.net wouldn't the mods have closed it by now?

P.S.

Don't insult peoples intelligence over the internet when you have your occupation listed as retard, some people might take you literally based on your posts.

Shasta: no one wants your trolling.

And "assisting piracy" isn't illegal. Why do you think it's so hard to close down networks that Limewire, etc. use? Why do you think it takes so long to close down sites like PirateBay and SuperNova (I think that was the name)?

Shasta: no one wants your trolling.

And "assisting piracy" isn't illegal. Why do you think it's so hard to close down networks that Limewire, etc. use? Why do you think it takes so long to close down sites like PirateBay and SuperNova (I think that was the name)? Please gtfo this thread.
I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out some facts. But I'll take your swearing at ME as trolling from YOU if you like.

I never said assisting piracy was illegal (that is a different arguement for another day). But I would not expect to see pirates getting help on these forums.

XtremesT said:
Although from the start there is a possibility that there is piracy involved, there are no "dots" that would really stand out to me that told me he got whatever it is illegally. You were just jumping to conclusions. Seems like you were adding your own dots to make your picture look better. Anyway, if this thread was against the rules of HL2.net wouldn't the mods have closed it by now?
As it turned out that I was absolutely correct, I guess I'm just better at seeing what's going on then. I wasn't jumping to conclusions. I was 100% sure of what he was doing. If I wasn't, I would have worded it with "IF you are...." etc. I'm shocked that most of you DIDN'T see he was pirating. As I said before, (with a bit of sarcasm) - "a kid with an image he didn't make of a disc he doesn't have is SURELY his maths homework, right?" How blind do you guys try to be with these things?

Let's try and do without the insults guys.

The guy was pirating.

You helped him, even after he admitted it, and in doing so, he (and you) stained HL2.net's name by using it to have this little "help the pirate" session.

I called him on it, and was totally correct. Yet this is somehow a problem for you.

When I voiced how nice it would be if he got busted for his stupidity, some of you actually came to his defense, and tried to blah on about "no-one gets caught" etc. Shameful.

Grow up.

Shasta why do you always have to be offensive, with the idea of being overwhelmingly right? From what I read from your posts, you are always offensive against people that don't know everything about hardware or make other choices than you. You're a jerk. I hate you.

I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out some facts. But I'll take your swearing at ME as trolling from YOU if you like.
bla bla bla...

Yes, yes you are trolling. And go ahead, go tell your local police department about the huge underground piracy scheme you've just uncovered. I bet they'll make you an honorary junior detective.

Yes, yes you are trolling. And go ahead, go tell your local police department about the huge underground piracy scheme you've just uncovered. I bet they'll make you an honorary junior detective.

Oh joy. Another kiddie that can't read / understand things - I didn't say I would do what you just posted either. I merely voiced a possible scenario which would be great if it happened. I never said I would try to make it happen.

The Brick said:
Shasta why do you always have to be offensive, with the idea of being overwhelmingly right? From what I read from your posts, you are always offensive against people that don't know everything about hardware or make other choices than you. You're a jerk. I hate you.
Goodie. More trolling attempts. You're correct though - I AM always right. I can't help it. I can't understand why 'tards like you argue with someone who is clearly right. Once again:

1: The guy was pirating.

2: You guys helped him, even after he admitted it, and in doing so, he (and you) stained HL2.net's name by using it to have this little "help the pirate" session.

3: I called him on it, and was totally correct. Yet this is somehow a problem for you.

4: When I voiced how nice it would be if he got busted for his stupidity, some of you actually came to his defense, and tried to blah on about "no-one gets caught", "go tell on him then", etc. Shameful.

I'm right on every count. Yet you want to argue about it. How stupid do you think that makes you look?

I have a feeling that you would disagree and argue with me even if I said something as basic as "people breath air". I don't know if that's because you can't understand the concept, or you just like arguing when you are wrong. Then again, that has nothing to do with piracy, perhaps you only argue about things that are illegal, but you WANT it to be legal. Arguing about it doesn't make you, or your cause, right. Facts do. ^^^

Oh joy. Another kiddie that can't read / understand things - I didn't say I would do what you just posted either. I merely voiced a possible scenario which would be great if it happened. I never said I would try to make it happen.

Kiddie? very creative, +10 originality.

Goodie. More trolling attempts. You're correct though - I AM always right. I can't help it. I can't understand why 'tards like you argue with someone who is clearly right.

Must be nice knowing you're always right, you're clearly someone who exudes righteousness.

1: The guy was pirating.

So what? Why are you making such a big deal out of it? Don't you have something better to do?

2: You guys helped him, even after he admitted it, and in doing so, he (and you) stained HL2.net's name by using it to have this little "help the pirate" session.

Could you possibly be more melodramatic?

3: I called him on it, and was totally correct. Yet this is somehow a problem for you.

No, the only problem here is you can't handle being told to buzz off.

4: When I voiced how nice it would be if he got busted for his stupidity, some of you actually came to his defense, and tried to blah on about "no-one gets caught", "go tell on him then", etc. Shameful.

Some people get away with murder, does that shock you? did I just rock your world?

I'm right on every count. Yet you want to argue about it. How stupid do you think that makes you look?

You have no idea how stupid it makes you look.

I have a feeling that you would disagree and argue with me even if I said something as basic as "people breath air". I don't know if that's because you can't understand the concept, or you just like arguing when you are wrong. Then again, that has nothing to do with piracy, perhaps you only argue about things that are illegal, but you WANT it to be legal. Arguing about it doesn't make you, or your cause, right. Facts do. ^^^

This is hilarious, I'm going to use this tactic in all my future debates and arguments; I'm right therefor you're wrong... /lol

*sigh*

Ok, let's play the quoting game...

Kiddie? very creative, +10 originality.
Never said it was meant to be creative. It fits. Nothing more.

Must be nice knowing you're always right, you're clearly someone who exudes righteousness.
Yep. But don't confuse right with "righteousness". I never mentioned that. You did.

So what? Why are you making such a big deal out of it? Don't you have something better to do?
Nope. Why are YOU making such a big deal about supporting the piracy side?

Could you possibly be more melodramatic?
Maybey, but I'm still right.

Shasta said:
No, the only problem here is you can't handle being told to buzz off.
If it wasn't a problem for you, you wouldn't have told me to buzz off in the first place...

I'm guessing you don't see the irony in your post. Oh well. I'm still right.

Some people get away with murder, does that shock you? did I just rock your world?
I didn't say people don't get away with things. In fact, I acknowledged the opposite earlier on in the thread. Try to keep up. I just said how nice a little justice would be in this particular case. I never said it would happen.

You have no idea how stupid it makes you look.
Being right is stupid? Maybey in YOUR little world...

This is hilarious, I'm going to use this tactic in all my future debates and arguments; I'm right therefor you're wrong... /lol
Do you realise how retarded you sound? Not that I actually said that, but still, you think that "I'm right therefore you're wrong" is laughable? If two people with opposite views are arguing, and one person is right, then that usually DOES make the other person wrong, dumbass. We've already proven I'm right, so where does that leave you?...

Hey shasta, what if your best friend asks you how bittorrent works, would you tell him?

dun dun dunnnn

Hey shasta, what if your best friend asks you how bittorrent works, would you tell him?

dun dun dunnnn
Sure - I'll tell my mates HOW torrents WORK. But if they want to know how to USE bittorrent, they'll have to work it out for themselves, because I haven't used it before, -I can't tell them how to use a program I have no experience with. Besides, the progam itself isn't illegal, it's what you download with it. I'd just hope they wouldn't use it for illegal downloads (not that there are many legal ones on there), but it's up to them if they want to take the risk. I just don't want to know about it, and I'm sure they wouldn't be retarded enough to admit to doing it on a public forum if they did. Obviously I have no problem going off at people who download illegally AND are stupid enough to admit it. And THAT would go for mates too.

It's not that I think the companies deserve to be treated fairly, or will go bankrupt because of piracy. The law is the law, and anyone stupid enough to admit to breaking it, especially in these times where illegal downloads are watched "closely" and being "stamped down on", deserves to get caught.

Good to see your "ignore function" is working...

Besides, the progam itself isn't illegal, it's what you download with it.
Self-ownage lol.. You started wanking about piracy before it was certain that he used the program to mount illegally acquired cd-images. And even then it wouldn't matter, he asked how to use the program. He didn't ask how to mount illegal cd-images.

SO SHUT YOUR CAKE-HOLE.

Self-ownage lol.. You started wanking about piracy before it was certain that he used the program to mount illegally acquired cd-images. And even then it wouldn't matter, he asked how to use the program.

SO SHUT YOUR CAKE-HOLE.
You stupid 'tard. This thread was about mounting a DISC IMAGE. No-one was talking about bittorrent until YOU brought it up. Are you following so far?

I KNEW he had an ILLEGAL disc image of a DISC he DIDN'T OWN. Right from his first post. The way he worded it, and his knowledge (or lack of) image files, among other things.

And I was RIGHT.

Just HOW he got it was IRRELAVANT at the time, but it was probably going to be from a torrent. ILLEGAL DISC IMAGE = PIRACY. THAT is how this all got started. Still with me? Probably not.

And it WOULD still matter, because you are helping a noob pirate to steal a game, by helping him complete the process, and store his stolen game / movie.
He didn't ask how to mount illegal cd-images.
Yes he did. He asked how to mount an image file he had, and it was illegal. Just because he thought no-one could tell, doesn't make it legal. Even the title of the thread is " How would you go about burning the content from a .cue file onto a DVD?"

Idiot.

How do you not fall over more often?

FINE THEN, IT WAS A DOWNLOADED MOVIE, OK!?
^^HE did, dumbass. The original poster.

Why do you like to keep pwning yourself?

You still don't seem to get it.

You also keep saying that he only asked how to mount the image, and mounting an image isn't illegal - for example:
The Brick said:
And even then it wouldn't matter, he asked how to use the program.

Look at it this way. If someone asked you to teach them how to drive a car, that's not illegal, right? But what if they then told you they ONLY wanted to learn so they could use it in a robbery. Sure, it's still not illegal to teach them, but would you still really want to involve yourself with that? You are not only defending this guy, but are trying to justify what he has done, AND make excuses as to why people should STILL help him.

Get over it, and see the bigger picture.

Shasta, are you seriously that big an idiot?

Of course it's pirated, who cares?
I imagine 99% of us here pirate stuff, as do most internet users. Hell, if the 'proper authorites' wanted to, they could raid random houses, and I'm sure they could find evidence of copyright infringement in everyone.

So stfu, nobody cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back