How's my flying?

Pesmerga

Reaction score
I started this thread in an attempt to better understand the Black Hawk helicopter.

I know the basics, landing, evasion, flares, yadda yadda.

But I keep getting shot down :(. The problem is, if I'm too low near the ground, stingers get me. If I'm too high, jets get me. If I'm in the middle, well, I'm attacked by all fronts, including other helicopters. I'd really like to keep my passengers alive, even if that means just knowing when to tell everyone to bail. I get thrown off by the lock-on warning everytime, and I generally know when a direct attack is going to hit. Remind me again, the ultimate purpose of the black hawk? I'm assuming the most important aspect is transport, although gunners circling around a town can be awfully devastating.

Any tips would be appreciated, I hope to become a master Black Hawk pilot so people here will actually trust me to pilot them :)

Have your gunners take out the stingers and any ground units first. You should tell your passengers to bail out now so that they can take care of infantry. That's when you land.

Then just take the flag and load back up. And you're right, the ultimate purpose is to transport your troops while giving them aerial support.

One thing that REALLY pisses me off...
If I say "Bail out!" , usually a couple of the passengers just sit there with their thumbs up their asses! And then when I get shot down, they're like "WTF DUDE U SUX!! -votekick-".

I seriously think that for the "Bail out!" command...for the passengers there should be a huge sign that blinks, saying "GET THE HELL OUT!".

Tip: You have three seconds to maneuver when the red lockon buzzer turns on, either continue your route and launch your first flare or take evasive action.

Also, try going around the perimeter of the map, then come in from a different angle.
Dont forget, this will be one of the harder maps to use the Blackhawk in, ideally there'd be less planes! (and they know exactly where you're coming from too)

many people don't see what you say because they have the game at high resolutions which makes it harder to see the words.

Back