How's Valve gonna do it?

CreedoG

Reaction score
How do you think Valve is going to "re-announce" Half-Life 2? It could be anything from bringing HL2 back to E3, with a fall release scheduled. Or mabye just announcing a new release date (like April 30th), with a quick "everything is going well" status.

I personally think they're going to just keep quiet until they go gold, or even have the things shipped. That'd be the best "ta da" for the fans, who don't want to hear release dates anymore, and for developers who don't want to give out anymore dates to be stuck to. Just "Here it is".

Id laugh my arse off if HL2 has already been released but noone noticed it sitting there :D

LOL /me walks into Gamestop.. looksies at games... hm! This might be a good game.. Eep! Its HL2
RAHAHAHAHHA..

:dork: Erm.

i hope they give us some sort of warning , cause i'am holding out of buying hardware cause its going down in price , so i'am waiting till the last moment till i purchase that stuff so some warning would be good

Knowing Valve, I'd say they would reply on some vague email with 'yeah everything's going well, oh yeah, it's probably releasing in two weeks or so.'

they will probably tell some guy who goes to valve for a trip like spitcodfry.

and he will either

A. have a heart attack.
B. get run over cos he couldnt pay attention to where he was drooling.
C. get assasinated by fanboys who flame him for not tape recording the message.

I think it will be just an announcement of gold, or at the very least, an announcemnt of "soon" to be followed within a day or two with "it's gold."

I can't see them taking any chances this time... they will surely be double checking and triple checking everything before they open their mouths.

I think they will just start releaseing more info and media as it gets closer to release then say it's gone gold.

They won't be able to get it into stores without without somone in the industry noticeing. Infact i bet you will be able to download it before it's officially released.

A surprise release would be cool, you know, releasing the game without telling, and someone would post it on the boards and everyone would go running to the store,

I reckon Gabe'll put out a bit of info sometime concerning the reason for the delay, and right at the end will be, "Oh, and by the way, Half Life 2 went Gold yesterday."...

With our luck so far I don't think it will be out untill July+ just a little unwarming speculation.

Yeah, i'm still thinking Sept 30th, 2004. Anytime soon just doesn't feel plausible anymore.

Yeah, I reckon it will be low key with a "By the way HL2 is now shipping..."e-mail message from Gabe.

It would spread like a fire in a gas storage room.. (HAHAHAHHAH im like so original, totally)

EVERYONE would know about it in a matter of hundredths of seconds..

Valve shouldn't announce its released until they start to ship, otherwise we will have another fiasco with another hacker wannabe, two weeks before its shipment (Personally, i think the hackers are cowards for not owning up).

The hacker was........................a monkey?

The super computer has done it again!!!!!!

I would bet they will announce it in April 1st, just to make a joke.

I think they should announce it one week before they ship, to get mega hype and media attention a week in advance, any earlier and they could dissapoint. IMO

They have to release the last bink video like they said they would before its released, arent there other media type things they said they will do?

Back