HUGE CS:Source issue!

DarkStar

Tank
Reaction score
Okay, so whenever I'm even kinda looking in the direction of a flashbang, the screen goes completely white.....PERMANENTLY! I've tested this alone on a server and even after 5 minutes the white screen doesn't wear off. Needless to say, this makes the game quite hard to play.

Anyone else get this?

I've got a 6800 GT with all settings on high and 4x AA and 8x AF if that helps at all.

Perhaps you should stop flashing yourself... you've probably got eye cancer.

i havent heard of this prob before, use the bug reporting tool thingy majiggy

DarkStar said:
Okay, so whenever I'm even kinda looking in the direction of a flashbang, the screen goes completely white.....PERMANENTLY! I've tested this alone on a server and even after 5 minutes the white screen doesn't wear off. Needless to say, this makes the game quite hard to play.

Anyone else get this?

I've got a 6800 GT with all settings on high and 4x AA and 8x AF if that helps at all.

I have that problem too :hmph:. If you find a fix post it here, I would like to get mine fixed as well. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro, everything on high.

DarkStar said:

Anyone else get this?

Now thats got to suck :/

Hyperjag3 said:
I have that problem too :hmph:. If you find a fix post it here, I would like to get mine fixed as well. I have a Radeon 9800 Pro, everything on high.
Now that seems strange. Its definitly not video card dependent or driver specific.

I have the problem too.. but its only happened to me in a server alone, I have an x800pro with 6x aa and 8xaf set

Please....God.....help me.

CS:Source is unplayble like this.

wonder if..

i am not sure but i think your problem might be your AA.... try turning it off in the game and use just the drivers to use AA (and the other way around, setting drivers to app control and set the game for AA). i would try AA off compleatly first just to test my theroy. plz let me know if i helped or not... if not sorry i tryed... well... happy fraging ;)

Interestingly enough I have had the ringing sound repeatedly play after a bang which suggests something somewhere is getting stuck in a loop. Definitely worth reporting to Valve.

There used to be a bug where that would happen when you were alone in a server. Try it with others.

Zention2021 said:
i am not sure but i think your problem might be your AA.... try turning it off in the game and use just the drivers to use AA (and the other way around, setting drivers to app control and set the game for AA). i would try AA off compleatly first just to test my theroy. plz let me know if i helped or not... if not sorry i tryed... well... happy fraging ;)

Haha. Why'd you dig up this relic of a thread? One of the Steam patches fixed this for me a LONG time ago. Thanks for your help anyway though.

=p

LOL... i didnet relize how old it was... but plz keep in mind it was 3am and that i am a nice guy that just wanted to help if he could..... how did you make out with the problems? because i find that if i use driver AA on my ATI 9800pro its starts twiching out... and if you notice... (i die a lot in CSS) when you look at the scores in game ... in the transparent window.. its not AA? i think the whole "flashing problem" is comming form a "bloom" effect. iam not sure... its now 3:30am uuurrrgg damn insoimia... good night

I get this problem too. Except, it only affects me if I'm playing alone on my own server. Never happened to me in multiplayer, EVER. You have tried flashing yourself in multiplayer, haven't you?

Back