Humans/Xen/Combine MP Ultimate Mod Idea for half life 2 Big Thread plz read =D

Conkorg

Reaction score
Wanna be someone else? Wanna go to Aliens side? Wanna be a Strider and crush the streets of City 17? Wanna be a headcrab and turn someone into a zombie? Wanna be Combine? or Combine Dropship =D

Well here is a new MP Mod Idea.

It goes like this

This mod is based on 3 races those are Race 1 Human, Race 2 Xen and Race 3 Combine. It could be a Deathmatch game or Team Deathmatch meybe something else. Each race has diffrent classes Humans for example have Snipers/Medics/Soldiers/ and more if u prefer (like Team Fortress basically) While the Xen has Headcrab/Zombie/Ant Lion/Ant Lion Guard/Alien Slayer and meybe some old HL classics like bullsquid and some others. Combine has Elite Combine/DropShips/Striders. All of the HL2 weapons will be included in the mod especially Gravity Gun which will be well hidden so its hard to find

HeadCrabs have a special ability, as a headcrab if u managed to kill another player and his corpse is lying on the ground you can hop on his head and turn him into a zombie and then play as a zombie. Zombies are awfully slow but there weill be special hiding spots for zombie where you can hide and attack the player. 2/3 Hits will be enough to kill another player as a zombie. There are 3 diffrent headcrabs you can choose, Old HeadCrab, the fast headcrab and the squeky black headcrab each of em have diffrent abilitys. As you saw in Ravenholm the black headcrabs sticked to zombies buddy what you can do is be a normal headcrab become a zombie then other people who are on your team as Black Headcrabs can be attached to your zombified body and be 1 monstorus Zombie. As you seen the Fast Freaky Yelling zombies in Ravenholm those can be also used, if u will be the White Fast HeadCrab. You start out as a headcrab then the more you kill (need certain amount of kills to change into a new stronger crab) you can be changed into the Fast HeadCrab and the final headcrab is the Black One. If you wanna be an Ant Lion you start out as a Ant Lion and you need at least 25 kills to become Ant Lion Guard :) They are fast and very strong and can charge like a bull.

Combines earn money just like in CSS for killing you can start of with a plain combine then after u kills ome and get some money you will be able to go to the change chamber where you can change into a elite combine or buy urself a dropship or get a strider. (striders will cost crazy money)

If your going to have a dropship your other teammates can gather together into the dropship (4 people in 1 dropship) 1 is a Pilot while others are ready to attack. Once you will land where you want you will open the dropship doors and get out and destroy Humans and Xen.

Only combine and Humans can get the gravity gun

How will changing to class work?

Well you won't press a special button anymore to change into a diffrent class, each race have a special room in their base, they also have weapon store. As soon you have enough money to buy new weapons all you do is go back to the base and buy some new weapons. You can carry the same amount weapons as in Half Life 2 Single Player (new may be added) The mod will DEFENTLY include a real sniper instead of a crossbow sniper. Both will be in there.

How big will be the maps?

The maps will be very big each base will be also big. Because in 2 bases you will have a Weapon Store and Class Changing Room where and a Vehicle buying platform. Some new vehicles might be added for this mod. Expect for combine cause combine have the Combine Buggy which will be a buyable vehicle and driveable.

The battles will take in huge City 17 areas and some others meybe even Xen

I think this will be a great mod if it can be taken seriously. THis just a mod idea but it would be nice in my opinion If anyone really wants to help to do this PM me, yes i also mentioned Half Life 2 invasion but that can wait, and i think this mod will be more important to community. I am myself no nothing about Hammer or how to map, but i been modeling on 3ds max 5 for 2 years and i am not proffesion and i wanna be a game designer i figured since i love games especially like Half Life 1 and 2 modding will be a good place to start. This is not only for me to learn how to be a game designer. This is for fun, learning, and make friends with HL2.net and make this for this community and all other HL2 communities

If you think this mod can be brought to life, please PM me with ur AIM or MSN/Hotmail Messenger thank you.

In theory its a nice idea and I can see you've got to some effort to plan it out.

In practice, its nowhere near as simple as that, infact doing some of the things you mentioned could be down right impossible, or incredibly difficult.. there's also no balance between the sides, Strider vs headcrab?

Yes correct no balance this is just an early idea and it sounds very easy to do. But its possible (i think) but its going to be very very very HARD.

Dont forget Ant Lions can fly in the air and they kill combine soldiers/elites pretty easily. This is war on the ground in the air. Striders attack both, humans attack both. While headcrabs takes over the ground areas and zombifies playerss, while ant lions dominating air dropships. This will be all planned out if this is taken seriously ;)

Some parts of the mod will behave just like in a CSS. Camping/Protecting Striders controllers. If you got a strider you become a Combine with a elite suit and a remote that controls the Strider when u press Control Strider you will go into Striders view and control him. But if the combine dies then good bye strider. You can either find the Combine whos controlling the Strider and kill him or zombify him as a headcrab or destroy the Strider with Rocket Luncher :) More balanced now i guess ;)

Good luck to you... this will need lots and lots of work to accomplish, and a talented team of dedicated individuals. Many mods don't make it past the planning stage (that's the easy part). If you really want to attract more potential helpers it'd be best to list your experience in modding. Ie "I can code C++ and have made (x) amount of content for half-life or other game." Even if you don't have a ton of experience, make a level and get something tangible to show of your progess like a couple of screenshots on something your working on. Then your odds go up and up the better looking your designs are and the more work you put into it.

i don't know if its just my distaste for counterstrike but i'd rather not have to worry about making money while i'm playing, especially if its going to be a 3 way slaughterfest

Since the game is going to be team based it should be the actions of the team that dictate how good their gear gets, not the actions of some star player who becomes the only one who benefits.

It would probably be a good idea if there were a bunch of starting basic classes for each side and depending on how well the team is doing, they get to have acess to more stuff. Maybe have a few individual things like becoming an elite or getting certain nifty things. But as far as stuff like striders, gunships, and antlion guards, thet should be based on the skill of the team.

The basic TFish type layout (sniper, soldier, heavy soldier, etc etc) for the 2 humanoid teams would probably be ideal. Resistance should probably get more options to reflect their ability to adapt to combat.

Combine should probably get similar stuff that may be a bit more powerful but have fewer special abilities or options.

Xen stuff should probably be loaded with special abilities as they don't really have any weapons.

Back