I am getting caught up on all the Star Wars books.

thenerdguy

Reaction score
Now that I have caught up on PC games I have turned to books and I picked Star Wars. There have been a bunch of books published wile I was in Iraq and its time I got caught up.

I have finished the New Jedi Order series and have started on the Dark Nest Trilogy.
God it sucks. After the awesomeness of Jedi Order, Dark Nest fall flat. I ****ing hate Jacen, Jaina and the rest of the younger Jedi. What a bunch of pussies!

Though it is nice to see Kyle Katarn show up in the books. Saba Sebayne, Kype and Corrin Horn are the mother ****ing bomb! I have to say that I like Luke and Mara more. Leah still is a little bitch and Han is the best character ever! I wish they would get him a new sidekick to replace chewie.
Instead of jumping a new guy in for a few books and then the new guy leaves.

Ok back to dark nest. I hate the writing style, it's to slow and wile it tells us what happened to the Dark Jedi that were in Star by Star. It just plain sucks. The concept of the insects with a linked hive mind beaing lead by a ****ed in the head jedi and the dark jedi leading another groupe of bad insects are cool. Its lame.

I am halfway into The Unseen Queen and I had to stop. On way in hell will i finish reading this second book or the third. I will hit of the wiki on the second and third books and start on the Legacy series.

Someone please tell me that Legacy is better than dark nest. Please!

Ok im done..... I need some more booze.

The Star Wars books are just another form of George Lucas's greed for money, and his desire to suck every last ounce of goodness out of his franchise. In summary, they are all sorta the same, like watching reruns of Night Rider. I can save you some time and tell you that Luke, Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca always get out of every situation they find themselves in. Also, as different authors take it over, the rules of physics and the applications of Jedi powers change from series to series. I seem to recall a Jedi tree, yes that is right, a ****ing tree with Jedi powers, and they train it.

I can save you some time and tell you that Luke, Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca always get out of every situation they find themselves in.
Wrong.
CHEWBACCA GETS CRUSHED BY A ****ING MOON.
Ahem.

The Star Wars books are just another form of George Lucas's greed for money, and his desire to suck every last ounce of goodness out of his franchise. In summary, they are all sorta the same, like watching reruns of Night Rider. I can save you some time and tell you that Luke, Leia, Han Solo, and Chewbacca always get out of every situation they find themselves in. Also, as different authors take it over, the rules of physics and the applications of Jedi powers change from series to series. I seem to recall a Jedi tree, yes that is right, a ****ing tree with Jedi powers, and they train it.

All in all the New Jedi Order is by far the best! All the better authors took park in it. Plus the story flowed from one book to the other.

Also Bafforr trees?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bafforr_tree

Oh god, why are you bothering? The latest books all suck. Legacy is horrible.

Stick to the Clone Wars era, dude. Stuff like the Medstar duology, Shatterpoint, or Dark Lord are what you should love.

Oh god, why are you bothering? The latest books all suck. Legacy is horrible.

Stick to the Clone Wars era, dude. Stuff like the Medstar duology, Shatterpoint, or Dark Lord are what you should love.

They turned the Jedi into pussy whipped vaginas. I am trying to read the first of the legacy books and its doing nothing for me.
The only good part is Han Solo. He still ****ing rocks.

YOU'RE ALL WRONG. sorry for the all caps there.

I personally find the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss to be incredibly great Star Wars books, or even more in general Star "Wars" books greatly focusing the story so much closer to being a story of war more than anything. Play Republic Commando on PC or Xbox (worth a nice rent), then do some Mandalorian research (besides just Jango Fett), or maybe don't do research and just read these books:

Republic Commando Hard Contact
Republic Commando Triple Zero
Republic Commando True Colors

There's another book on its way to continue the story. I've found myself to be very attached to the series as I'm doing some writing about Republic Commandos myself, but that's another story (literally).

What I love about these books is that they aren't focusing on the force and lightsabers, which are words that most people use as a cue to run away from you, but about pride, brotherhood, or being brothers in arms, and war in general. But Traviss doesn't necessarily turn the book into some romanticized war fantasy as she continually makes sure that the war feels grim and unnecessary. You really see the dark side of the war, why it is wrong (maybe not the war itself, but the ideal of a clone army more than anything). It's harder to get out a feeling without just picking up the books and read them. Read them in the order listed, just to know.

Karen Traviss also wrote Bloodlines, and two other books in a Star Wars series. But unlike that series, Karen Traviss seems to be doing this one by herself (I sure hope so).

YOU'RE ALL WRONG. sorry for the all caps there.

I personally find the Republic Commando series by Karen Traviss to be incredibly great Star Wars books, or even more in general Star "Wars" books greatly focusing the story so much closer to being a story of war more than anything. Play Republic Commando on PC or Xbox (worth a nice rent), then do some Mandalorian research (besides just Jango Fett), or maybe don't do research and just read these books:

Republic Commando Hard Contact
Republic Commando Triple Zero
Republic Commando True Colors

There's another book on its way to continue the story. I've found myself to be very attached to the series as I'm doing some writing about Republic Commandos myself, but that's another story (literally).

What I love about these books is that they aren't focusing on the force and lightsabers, which are words that most people use as a cue to run away from you, but about pride, brotherhood, or being brothers in arms, and war in general. But Traviss doesn't necessarily turn the book into some romanticized war fantasy as she continually makes sure that the war feels grim and unnecessary. You really see the dark side of the war, why it is wrong (maybe not the war itself, but the ideal of a clone army more than anything). It's harder to get out a feeling without just picking up the books and read them. Read them in the order listed, just to know.

Karen Traviss also wrote Bloodlines, and two other books in a Star Wars series. But unlike that series, Karen Traviss seems to be doing this one by herself (I sure hope so).

They are a little meh.

I like Allegiance by Tim Zahn. Very ****ing good book. I also like any of the books with Thrawn in it.

The whole Mandalorian wanking in her books gets to me, though. We get it, they're Star Wars Klingons. Move on already.

It's just that it shows a storyline through a single lifestyle for the most part and kind of hits you with a bit of a statement (even though it has nothing to do with stuff toady I guess).

Have you played Republic Commando? The game works primarily as just a shooter, but I kind of got attached to the characters and Mandalorian pride and history quite a bit.

The Thrawn trilogy and the original movies were the only good things to ever come out of the Star Wars franchise.

Oh except Kotor, that rocks :)

I remember reading one awhile ago that I liked.

It was about Han and Leia's kids, and Chewbacca's sister/cousin?

They are in Endor I think, and are training to be Jedi's, and I remember Chewbaccas relative having to make a belt/vest, by collecting things in the woods, like every Wookie had to.

Can anyone please tell me which one this is?

The Thrawn trilogy and the original movies were the only good things to ever come out of the Star Wars franchise.

Oh except Kotor, that rocks :)

Grand Admiral Thrawn is the best thing to ever come out of the Star Wars franchise. **** jedis, **** siths, wanna see a real warrior? Grand. Admiral. Thrawn.

I definately want to read one of the star wars books, there was one at the library that had something to do with the construction of the death star and the rise of the empire, looked interesting.

Any suggestions?

Yes. Buy Death Star. It is excellent.

Also buy Dark Lord: The Rise Of Darth Vader.

Anything by Zahn is pretty kickass.

I liked Jedi Apprentice..

*dodges flaming garbage*

I picked up Shadows of the Empire and finished it last week. It was pretty good. Entertaining, at least. Needed more Boba Fett. I think I prefer the graphic novel, but it's been awhile since I read that. Xizor was awesome.

I'm not into Star Wars story books but I always loved Star Wars Universe encyclopedias, artwork books and guides. Visual Guide edition by Dorling Kindersley is especially awesome.

Back