I can't get custom sounds to work! =(

THUGENSTEIN

Reaction score
CSS Beta they worked great. But now I can't get my custom sounds to work anymore! =(

I tried to make the folders in my Counter-Strike Source/CStrike/Sound/Weapons just like in the beta (which worked) but now I can't make it work!

Please help me, thank you.

fuzzy-1 said:
make sure there 22hz 16bit mono

But I thought the source engine can play 44khz now... Are you sure? I'll give it a try now though thanks.

Yeah I just tried 22khz 16bit mono it still doesn't work =(
has ANYONE got them working?

LOL I think the case is this:

1) They messed something up (Valve)
2) They changed the soundfile names or dir's

I tried putting them in sound/weapons sounds/weapons sound/weapons sounds/weapons i tried like all the variations still doesnt work yet =(

AHA! I figured it out! The directery has kind of changed. You can't just jam all your wepaon sounds in one folder. When you're in cstrike/sounds/weapons, lets say you have "usp-unsil1 " or whatever (a usp sound). You have to make a new folder there called "usp", and that and all other usp sounds in there. In other words, you have to make another folder for each weapon.

cereal said:
AHA! I figured it out! The directery has kind of changed. You can't just jam all your wepaon sounds in one folder. When you're in cstrike/sounds/weapons, lets say you have "usp-unsil1 " or whatever (a usp sound). You have to make a new folder there called "usp", and that and all other usp sounds in there. In other words, you have to make another folder for each weapon.

You are a genius with the wisdom of a 1000 kings. Thank you kindly and may god bless your kindrid (whatever that means it just sounds cool) soul.

just open up the gcf file for source and you can see the whole diectory structure!

huh ? explain plz, i can barely use a keyboard.

- where is that gcf file and open with what ?

Back