I Cant play in offline mode...

H

halfull

Hi

I can only play HL2 offline when i go online first, which
kinda defeats the purpose !

When i reboot later say and try to play offline again it wont let me !:devil:
i.e. i have to go online again then i am free to play offline again...

How do i get round this please..

Cheers

sorry to break it to you but i dont think that you can just start in offline mode...it may be possible but not to my knowledge

From steampowered support:

How To Make Steam Offline Mode Work

To play your games in offline mode please follow the instructions below:

Start Steam online, be sure that 'remember my password' is checked
Be sure all game files are completely updated, you can check this by right clicking the game in the Steam menu and choosing properties. It must say 100% acquired, Ready for Offline
Right click the Steam icon in the system tray, go to settings, and be sure that 'Do not store account information on this computer' is not selected
Exit Steam, disconnect from the internet, restart Steam
Select the 'Start in offline mode'.
You should now have access to all of your single player games while offline.

Ive done all that and yes it lets me play offline the thing is as I said in my original post is that i have to go online first before i can play offline...

Does anyone understand what i'm saying !?

I have played offline already see...and its great....then maybe i'll reboot later in the day and want to play offline again...i hace to go online first EVERY time before i can play offline again.....ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH !!

i ahve the same problem... i know what you mean....kinda annoying grrrr

What the advice should be - stupid steamsupport :|

Be sure all game files are completely updated, you can check this by right clicking the game in the Steam menu and choosing properties. It must say 100% acquired, Ready for Offline
Right click the Steam icon in the system tray, go to settings, and be sure that 'Do not store account information on this computer' is not selected

Open Halflife 2, HL2DM, CSS and Halflife seperately and then close

Do Not Exit Steam, disconnect from the internet or restart Steam

Instead reboot while steam and the internet are still running. If Steam Ending Program pops up ignore it - do not click end now and let it finish saving

halfull said:
Ive done all that and yes it lets me play offline the thing is as I said in my original post is that i have to go online first before i can play offline...

Does anyone understand what i'm saying !?

I have played offline already see...and its great....then maybe i'll reboot later in the day and want to play offline again...i hace to go online first EVERY time before i can play offline again.....ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH !!

Once Steam sees the Internet, it'll use it. As long as your credentials are saved, it should give you the option to use offline mode when it is starting and can't find the net. So you need to start/restart Steam while you're offline. You might want to take Steam out of the startup so you can start it manually when you are offline...

john3571000 said:
What the advice should be - stupid steamsupport :|

Open Halflife 2, HL2DM, CSS and Halflife seperately and then close

Do Not Exit Steam, disconnect from the internet or restart Steam

Instead reboot while steam and the internet are still running. If Steam Ending Program pops up ignore it - do not click end now and let it finish saving

Strange but it worked !

Cheers

Back