I don't think Gold means much...

infin|ty

Reaction score
Gold is great, but if we still gotta wait till December, that's pretty crappy. The game is done, now it's just politics. Valve really ****ed up with their cocky "The game will be released Sept. 30th, 2003". Should have kept their mouths shut.

What's Valve's saying that the game will be out on the 30th of September got to do with anything?

infin|ty said:
Gold is great, but if we still gotta wait till December, that's pretty crappy. The game is done, now it's just politics. Valve really ****ed up with their cocky "The game will be released Sept. 30th, 2003". Should have kept their mouths shut.

So Valve should have kept their mouthes shut... alright moving on! :LOL:

No, I was simply responding to all the giddy people thinking maybe it will go gold today. It doesn't mean you're gonna get to play it very soon. Gold doesn't mean you get to play your locked copy. It just means the final version is ready. Oh and on top of that, doesn it usually take a week, week and a half from gold to ship? VU is talking 2 months from Gold to ship. Almost 3 once you take into account terrorists will probably hijack the trucks and sell the copies for $500 a piece.

infin|ty said:
No, I was simply responding to all the giddy people thinking maybe it will go gold today. It doesn't mean you're gonna get to play it very soon. Gold doesn't mean you get to play your locked copy. It just means the final version is ready. Oh and on top of that, doesn it usually take a week, week and a half from gold to ship? VU is talking 2 months from Gold to ship. Almost 3 once you take into account terrorists will probably hijack the trucks and sell the copies for $500 a piece.

What the hell are you talking about?

If you don't understand that, you need to get your helmet and wheelchair out.

Where did this two months from gold to ship come from? I'll just assume the last part of your rant was an attempt at humor.

After Valve's decision to release CS:Source early to Steam orderers, I don't think that will happen.

Yeah, heard that CSC will be out for people who bye HL2 from Steam on next week.

kaellinn18 said:
Where did this two months from gold to ship come from? I'll just assume the last part of your rant was an attempt at humor.
Funny thing is, thats whats probably gonna happen :p

infin|ty said:
Gold doesn't mean you get to play your locked copy. It just means the final version is ready.
Who said this? I don't think I have seen one person say that when it goes gold we get to play the locked copy.....

You are making blind assumptions.

Timech

can someone link me to someone from vavle actually saying THE GAME was coming out sept. 2003?

cadaveca why? do u think everyone in the world just made that date up ?

infin|ty said:

the should'nt have keep thier mouths shut and got the game released!

did you ever think that all the info that we, the public have gotten from the developers/publishers, is just a marketing tool?
I mean just look at the posts on this board (one of many). By faking release info (false that is) they are just creating more hype. Therefore creating more mass histeria and intrest in the game (ala Blair witch project....???

Back