I have brought News

blackeye

Reaction score
All you people waiting for you X800 XTs the wait is almost over. I just checked today and ATI just started shipping the X800 Xt's out to retailers today. Just a couple more days.
Heres the link if you want it.
Link

The only thing I find funny though is they say they are shipping and yet they claim to have none in stock yet to buy online. I have waited so long now though for an X800 XT im contemplating buying a 6800 just to piss of ATI. But I guess no one sells the 6800's either. :flame:

Mmm...x800..so close... I also bring news! Doom 3 went gold!!

I hope so cause im not installing a game that needs 6 disks.

Who cares how many discs it is? I would rather have it be a DVD too, but it isn't like 2 extra disks is going to extend the install time to days, instead of 10 minutes :p And believe me, I hate switching disks during installs, but I'm not worrying about it :thumbs:

well dont you think its time that the industry steps forward. Maybee next year it will be ten disks. I would rather be using 3-4 DVDs then 10 cds. I agree with you that ten minutes isnt going to make a difference but I think its getting a little out of hand the ammound of disks you need to install a game now.

boy this takes me back to days when we used to carry boxes of floppys around!!
i think its time to drag these people kicking and screaming into the 21 century..
people 30/60/120 GBD dvds will bee here soon, the CDROM is dead , lets get on with ti shall we, a flippin dvd drive is less than $30 !!!!

That image is fake but the possibility Doom 3 will need 6 or more disks is a dead cert..

Yeah, it sucks that there wont be a DVD version... But the game is going to be the same quality and all, you just have to switch a few more disks in during install. It's not THAT big of a deal, even though I do agree it's time to switch over to DVD.

I still don't have my X800 XT Platinum yet and it's ordered straight from ATi. Their latest estimate was 2-3 weeks (about 5-6 weeks ago), but if they're shipping out now it should'nt be too long... maybe another week to ship across the atlantic :)

I'm not too fussed as long as I have it in time for Doom3 (and hopefully ATi will release updated OpenGL drivers before this too).

ShadowBlade said:
That image is fake but the possibility Doom 3 will need 6 or more disks is a dead cert..
it's a 3 disc install.

Azrael. said:
Yeah, it sucks that there wont be a DVD version... But the game is going to be the same quality and all, you just have to switch a few more disks in during install. It's not THAT big of a deal, even though I do agree it's time to switch over to DVD.
well you see im a lazy bastard. I want to pop one cd in, install and play. :LOL:

Back