I have three questions...

Pennington

Reaction score
1. I am having a problem sewing. I made a riverbed (in between two cliffs) and am trying to sew the different parts of it together (i made it in a bunch of seperate blocks cuz i wanted more detail and the limit with one block would have looked wierd on my terrain) cuz the terrain is at different levels at the edges. However, it won't sew. It says i need to pick objects which share three or more edges, or something like that, and that's not even possible is it?

2. How do i make a train like object? It's gonna be a riverboat type of thing, not a train, but same concept. I just want it to go back and forth, really, as a means of conveyance for ppl (it's a large map, and i don't like how buggy vehicles are online). How do i do this? Again, it doesn't need to do anything but go up and down river on a set track.

3. How do i control team spawns? I want this to be a team deathmatch map (since it's so big) but i don't want ppl spawning together. I hate playing a team game and spawning in the same place as the enemy. So how do i set spawn points to spawn rebels or combine?

Thx

i can help with #3. you can't :) there aren't two separate entities yet. im guessing valve may add them later though

I can help with number one. You have to select all the objects you want sewn together before you select the texture tool. Then go to Displacement and click sew. As for two and three, sorry man. Don't know. :(

Just a comment on 1).

I find it much easier to do terrain displacement on a larger area and on multiple blocks by selecting all the blocks, and painting them together.
Then you don't need to worry that much about sewing them as the edges of each block move with the edge of the next block.

Just a tip for future reference.

I did switch. I had all the blocks selected at once. They didn't move together.

Oh, and i WAS selecting them before i tried sew. That's when i got the error. When i did the texture tool THEN selected my faces i wanted I didn't get any message at all, it just didn't work.

No team spawns? that sucks. Noone knows how to make the boat either?

Back