i heard District 9 is good...but after seeing it, i think it's far better than that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jverne

Reaction score
I'm a huge film critic, but aside from a few scenes i'd like to direct a bit differently i have absolutely NO complaints. This movie might just restore my faith in movies again.

It's easily a contender for best movies i've seen in my life.

minor spoilers
-the main actor at the beginning just seemed to unrealistically stupid, but i'm guessing it was meant to be like that
-personally i wouldn't mind if the end scenes (the flower and such) were removed, or differently made...i'd prefer a sadder ending

Yes go watch it and don't think twice about it, especially if you're a sci-fi fan.

I think they should have changed Wikus' wife's final lines (I forget her name). They were cringe-inducing. But the final shot of the prawn making a flower out of scrap metal was perfect.

I think it whould have been enough just to show the metal flower in some interview piece, like her holding it in her hands or whatever. Then let the audience draw the obvious conclusion at the end for themself.
I loved the ending and thought it was just perfect open ended.

the only thing i hated about D9 was spoiling the standard of what i considered a good movie.

ok i have to agree that some scenes weren't 100% original, but they were really well implemented.

I think it whould have been enough just to show the metal flower in some interview piece, like her holding it in her hands or whatever. Then let the audience draw the obvious conclusion at the end for themself.
I loved the ending and thought it was just perfect open ended.

yes exactly that! the first flower should have been enough.

Holy ****ing shit ZH is a moderator now

Armageddon outa here

How many other incognito moderators are there!? Watching our every move?! We're ****ed, Sulkdodds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back