I hope CS:S comes out today.

gatts666

Reaction score
The wait for hl2 is to unbearable, i need cs:s to think of something else ASAP.

segobi said:
no,tomorrow will be the time...look @ cs nation

Do you read? That was posted yesterday. Meaning tmr is today. It isnt even confirmed yet.

CS: Source Tomorrow?
Zips @ 6:30 pm pdt - cstrike: source - 178 comments - hot topic
We here at CS-Nation have received information from a reliable source regarding the upcoming release of Counter-Strike: Source. We have heard that CS: Source is due for a release tomorrow, the 4th of October. It should be noted that the source has explained that once the final version of CS: Source is released, the BETA period will come to a close. As no official announcement has been made by those at Valve, this is purely speculation based on the information we received, and the date is subject to change.

Its even in bold on the site. Damn people need to pay attention.

=|

So only people who have vouchers or preorder with STEAM will be able to get CS:S this week enabled??? im guessing those preordering from a store and getting it from VU evils empire will have to wait for retail? lol???

=\

My bad , but i had no idea that cs nation existed, thanks to those who pointed that out for me with out calling me a retard.
thanks. o_O

News just in!! (Dated three months ago):

We have a CS:Source forum!! \o/

[/sarcasm] :p

Hope its coming today/evening but I really doubt it probably not till fri.

I doubt CS:S comes out this week. :O I gotta hear it from valve themselves in their official website in the news section or else it's just hearsay.

I hope it comes out today, need to see Source in action...

nick_t said:
I doubt CS:S comes out this week. :O I gotta hear it from valve themselves in their official website in the news section or else it's just hearsay.

hey dumbass the news WAS official from valve that cs:s comes out this week. its all over the front page of this very site you visited to post in.

well is it not a bit early for them to b putting it up if it is coming out today. I am assuming that they will release it at the same time that they release the preloads or updates. So really it still could b released today but later on. Although the lack of information about prices for the different packages isnt a good sign. we can hope thou.
Probably tomorrow

The workday is half over and nothin yet... :-/

Well... it is only 1:10pm over there.... there is still hope.... sort of... maybe. Or not :(

John Romero said:
hey dumbass the news WAS official from valve that cs:s comes out this week. its all over the front page of this very site you visited to post in.

wouldn't you agree that it's not 100% confirmed and that the term "next week" is itself a little hazy? I hope it comes out this week as well but there is no official word from valve.

yeah but dont valve have a certain time during the day when they release updates n stuff. They releases CS:S beta kinda late during the day. We'll i'm in Ireland n it was 2.00a.m. when that opened here, so i reckon it'll b around that time again which means we roughly 4 1/2 hours left.

As our source isn't technically official, there's nothing guranteeing it will be out today. We're just going based on what we were told and what we saw for ourselves regarding this information. :)

nick_t said:
wouldn't you agree that it's not 100% confirmed and that the term "next week" is itself a little hazy? I hope it comes out this week as well but there is no official word from valve.

HL2 Retail/Steam Packages Confirmed!
By Munro @ 10:33pm Tuesday 28th September, 2004 | Comments (209) | Post Comment
Half-Life Fallout reports that they’ve received word from Valve’s Gabe Newell on a final confirmation of Half-Life 2’s steam and retail packages. They have also revealed that the full version of Counter-Strike: Source will be available to Steam purchasers next week.

Retail Boxes

* Standard Edition — includes HL2 and CS:Source. Ships on six CDs, in one of three box-art packages (Gordon, Alyx or the G-Man),
* Collector's Edition — includes Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source, a Half-Life 2 T-shirtand a Prima book sampler. Ships on a single DVD.

Steam Packages

* Bronze — HL2* and CS:Source.
* Silver — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam.
* Gold — HL2*, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 1: Source*, Day of Defeat: Source*, Valve's back catalog currently available on Steam, Complete Strategy Guide from Prima Games, 3 different Half-Life 2 posters, Half-Life 2 hat, Half-Life 2 postcard, Half-Life 2 stickers, Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD, Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

*To be made available upon product's release.

thats not official enough for you? gabe newell himself sends an email out announcing cs:s will be out this week and announcing the hl2 packages and thats not official enough for you?

What does csnation mean by a "reliable source"? And then they say this has NOT been confirmed by Valve. Well, what is this reliable source if its not Valve?

seems official enough for me, however...the term "next week" is a bit vague.

too vague to make the assumption that "next week" means exactly 1 week from the date of his post.

I'm sick of reliable sources not being posted directly on the steampowered forums, by Valve staff. They seriously need to be more precise when they announce something. It's kinda retarded that we're always begging for Valve-related material :p

Back