I humbly ask your assistance D:!

F

Flakk

Well, I followed the Valve tutorial on the first mod editing the RPG. I opened the game_sdk solution in vs c++ 2003. I then opened the file weapon_rpg.cpp and edited the suggested value. Compiled as described and that went all fine.
But... when I run the mod from the steam third party mods menu, and try to start a game... it crashes. It gives me no visable message, but I can hear the good ol' Windows error sound (this when the loading meter is almost done). I can't alt-tab to get to windows, I can't ctrl-alt-del, I can't ctrl+esc, or anything else I've tried... so I have to switch my comp off completly.
The obvious question: What am I doing wrong?

run your mod with -allowdebug (with a debug build obviously) and check the call stack when you crash, should show you where things are ****ing up (there are tutorials around to help you set up debugging with your ide of choice). if you cant get out of fullscreen, run windowed, worked for me. good luck :)

edit again: I'm stupid. Should've looked around more before I started bugging ppl ^^ .. thanks for your help though. I think I got it right this time :].

Back