I just got another comfirmation email from gamestop

ManHacks

Reaction score
hey, my local gamestop emailed me a couple days ago to let me know that the release date was going to be Nov 16th, i thought ok cool they have it right. Just about 10 min ago i got another email from them telling me that its changed from the 16th to the 15th. I thought the 16th was a for sure date? Are they really that dumbfounded, or is there a reason they changed it? Heres the email:

Dear Customer,

You have signed up to receive release date changes for:

Half-Life 2 with CounterStrike!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645118&affid=1

Old Release Date - 11/16/2004
New Release Date - 11/15/2004

Thank you for visiting GameStop.com!
The World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products!

Im guessing i should still be planning on the release being the 16th right? Thanks guys!

Official word from Vivendi is that the game will be released on the 16th of November.

Some stores do acually get games early if they want.

ooo ok, so they get it the 15th, but that doesnt mean i will get it then. That makes sense, i just figured they would tell you the date where you recieve the game. Thanks guys

yeah i work for gamecrazy, and it sucks taht we dont sell PC games cuz those are my fav, and we usually get most games a little early, by a few days even. and we made an exception and tried to sell doom 3 and we suck at selling pc games so they prolly wont give us hl2, but who knows it is gonna be so huge we just might.

In my experience, some games you can pick up a few days before the official release date if you have a pre-order. Don't know if that'll be the case with HL2

Looks like vivendi is letting shops (and themselves :D) start shipping out the pre-orders on the 15th. I'm sure a few people will get it then but most will still get it on the 16th.

Elyas said:
But all this means nothing till Steam authenticates it, right?
Right, but the feeling is that Valve are *very* eager to authenticate as soon as they can.

they will probably release it ton 15th..so its all ready to the 16th....

dont count on having it on the 15th tho, u may hav it installed by tbh, it wont be activated!

like i said..i dont really think it will be the 15th...i rekon 16th.. dont know why..

well tbh to edit the new date on the wallpaper countdown, open it in notepad....and change the date.. to the 15 lol. Its only a variable, so it will be able to be changes..then re-load it!

What's all this now!? HL2 is getting released on the 15th now!? WHAT?! Someone please make this clear for me... does this mean, that I can go pick up my preorder the 15th!?

NO. You can order it so that it will ship to you on the 15th...and if you were to overnight it. It would arrive on the 16th.

Back