I love the HL2 Pistol!

Yatta

Tank
Reaction score
After watching the tunnels video over and over much earlier today, I came to a conclusion that I love the Half-Life 2 pistol. The shooting and reloading sounds are brilliant, like music to my ears. I just had to share that with you guys... Can't wait to play it. :)

And the cool thing is, in the traptown vid it didn't have any crome effect to it, but in the Tunnels vid, it had that reflective look going on.

And yes, the pistol is great!:cheers:

RabidMeatloaf, I do agree that it looked better in the Tunnels video because of it's reflective/crome-like surface. It's awsome. :eek: :)

i love the pistol too (H&K USP match)

you guys should just wait untill you get hl2, the gun will look so much better and so much more detialed. traptown and tunnels are both a year old so the USP should look a lot lot better as far as detial goes.

when i first saw the piicture in the first e3 movies, and screenshots i was like blagh thats crap. now i see it at full detial it is so ungodly awesome, and the sounds in hl2 are just untouchable.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Originally posted by [Hunter]Ridic

you guys should just wait untill you get hl2, the gun will look so much better and so much more detialed. traptown and tunnels are both a year old so the USP should look a lot lot better as far as detial goes.

what are you talking about? quite saying that unless you have some evidence that that is true. i hope its true, but im afraid it just may be hype.

I almost made a thread on that too I love love LOVE that thing the sound of everything it does is beutifull the size graphics detail accuracy and power are all just so perfect wooot for valves usp match!

when it shoots its sounds and acts soooo beutifully its beyond words

The tunnels in the video look newer than the screenshots released earlier. Well, if its the same level at all, the scene where the tentacle takes the man, both the water and terrain is different (water is dirtier, terrain is much smoother).

seriously, thats part of every reply it seems, can you cut it out? we've all seen you say it many many times now, i think we all understand what you think.

I think these vids are rendered on the latest versions of halflife2. I dont think the pistol will look better in the future because I think its finished.

unique sound it has when compared to a lot of the ones used in HL1 current mods

yup, the sound in the whole video was great, from weapon sounds, to background ambien music to the voices of the combine and screaming when impaled

just PERFECT

I loved it, but will it be more guns (type of guns in the game)?:cheers:

Yeah, everyone likes it. A thread was posted about this already though.

Listen carefully

THE FEATURE SET FOR SOURCE WAS FROZEN A YEAR AGO BUT THE DEMOS WERE PROBABLY BEING WORKED ON RIGHT UP TO E3. THE MODELS, ARTWORK AND MAPS ETC ARE NOT A YEAR OLD DO NOT EXPECT MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE SHIPPED GAME. IT IS ONLY THE ENGINE THAT IS A YEAR OLD, NOT THE WHOLE GAME

Originally posted by Dagobert
Listen carefully

THE FEATURE SET FOR SOURCE WAS FROZEN A YEAR AGO BUT THE DEMOS WERE PROBABLY BEING WORKED ON RIGHT UP TO E3. THE MODELS, ARTWORK AND MAPS ETC ARE NOT A YEAR OLD DO NOT EXPECT MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS IN THE SHIPPED GAME. IT IS ONLY THE ENGINE THAT IS A YEAR OLD, NOT THE WHOLE GAME

Thanks, most of us can read and that has already been established.

Anyways, I do love the new pistol. It looks great and the sound is priceless. Probably the best pistol sound I have heard in a game in a while.

Not just the sound, the reload animation is not excessively over the top yet not stiff and boring, it's perfect :)

I love everything about the pistol, Gordon sure seems like he knows how to use it :D, I also love the blood effects, every bullet makes a wound and splats on the wall/ground.

:D

match1.jpg

Considering its basically the same size and weight, with a 5.56 cartridge, higher MV and so-on, why not?

Why replace any gun with that rifle?

Originally posted by Sgt.Igneri
Considering its basically the same size and weight, with a 5.56 cartridge, higher MV and so-on, why not?

Just seems odd to replace one class of gun with another. If anything, the HK33 should replace the OICW.

Omg, there should only be the crowbar, thats it.

edit: Oh, and a lightsaber </joke>

The MP7 is about the same size as an MP5k and the HK33 is about the same size as an M4 and MP7's use the 10mm cartridge I think.

/me checks

EDIT: /me thingy still doesn't work and I was wrong - it's a 4.6mm

Actually guys, these new movies are most likely an old build- the E3 build. Remember Valve has already said the crowbar in the E3 demos was unfinished- just thrown in quickly for E3. And note that in these new videos it hasn't changed at all. It still sucks :p

Back