i need ur opinions on gfx card

H

Hitman89

i need ur opinions on gfx card (quickly plz)

PowerColor ATI Radeon X800 XT PE 256MB DDR3 VIVO TV-Out/DVI (8*AGP)

The RADEON™ X800 graphics technology is the world’s fastest and most powerful VPU, setting a new standard in graphics performance and visual realism. With up to 16 pipelines, higher clock speeds and breakthrough image enhancement technology, RADEON™ X800 Graphics Technology ushers in a whole new gaming category called High-Definition Gaming.

- 520MHz GPU Core clock speed
- 16 Pixel rendering pipe-line core
- Six programmable vertex shader pipelines
- 256MB 1120MHz DDR3 High Speed Memory
- 256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory interface
- 128-bit, 64-bit & 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats
- Supplied with Hitman Contracts and Counterstrike Condition Zero

This card is brand new. Shop sent me the wrong card and their RMA policy is pants

??????

Wat do u think about this card is it worth £360. :stare:

I think that you're buying the best card there is right now. GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why are people saying its so hard to find? You can order it right off of ati's site and itll be at your door in 2-4 weeks from backorder.

Hitman89 said:

The RADEON™ X800 graphics technology is the world’s fastest and most powerful VPU, setting a new standard in graphics performance and visual realism. With up to 16 pipelines, higher clock speeds and breakthrough image enhancement technology, RADEON™ X800 Graphics Technology ushers in a whole new gaming category called High-Definition Gaming.

This card is brand new. Shop sent me the wrong card and their RMA policy is pants

??????

the best GPU is 6800 ultra

RussianEmpire said:
the best GPU is 6800 ultra

even though I agree with you..you should provide some proof before all the x800 fanatics start screaming fanboy

blahblahblah said:
l:O

It depends on what features and resolutions you use and want.

PS - the emoticon is a link :p

404: not found
The page you requested could not be found on this server. Try to find the article you need using a search form or site map.

Hitman89 said:

??????

Sapphire's are better but I'm not sure they're out in x800 XT yet, so basically, get it.

And no, 6800 XX isn't better.

6800 Ultra good for games that have been developed specifically for the nVdia chip and thus gain a slight advantage over ATI (i.e) DOOM 3, UT2004

X800 XT good for HL 2, R420 chip made for hl-2.

SO whatever card you get there is always one that has a slight advantage over the other and which game tickles your fancy.

Plus, i'd go for the ASUS over the Powercolor, i've got an ASUS X800 Pro 256Mb myself and it runs fine

Lateralus said:
R420 chip made for hl-2.

Acutally it's not made for hl2. It's made for the DX 9 specs, both Nvidia and ATI were in the DX beta program, but m$ didn't want to make DX the way nvidia wanted it to be made so they jumped out of the program, while ati stayed, so their core is made entirely to DX 9 standards while nvidias core isn't.

(that's the old core before the x800 and 6800, but I can assure you that it isn't made for hl2)

Lateralus said:
Plus, i'd go for the ASUS over the Powercolor, i've got an ASUS X800 Pro 256Mb myself and it runs fine

Sapphire's still the undoubtable champion :)

MaxiKana said:
m$ didn't want to make DX the way nvidia wanted it to be made so they jumped out of the program, while ati stayed, so their core is made entirely to DX 9 standards while nvidias core isn't.
Actually Nvidia left on their own.

Also Nvidia still uses the same CineFX engine but it's just improved.
They don't advertise the FX name nor the CineFX engine anymore because of their poor experiences last year.

Back