I support Valve

headcrabboy

Reaction score
I support them and the work they did on Halflife 2, and find it troubling that people would sucumb to stealing their source engine, and also people here who download this "beta" thing.Its deeply disrespectful to a company such as Valve Software who designed this game.I hope the hackers are found and are punnished.

Yup. And even worse are specious arguments by people who called themselves fans a short time ago such as "they deserve it for having delayed the game" and "it's their fault for not having high enough security levels" and "we've been waiting long enough."

Garbage. And that's just what this community has devolved into in a matter of a week.

Even the kid who Gabe was nice enough to give a tour of Valve is slobbering all over the idea of downloading this illegal beta. Talk about a black hole where character should be.

But when you get down to it, are you really surprised?

I haven't downloaded either the source or beta, but I don't find anything really wrong with it. Everyone that does download the beta will buy the game. How does that hurt Valve?. It doesn't. Valve should be happy that people want their game so bad, that they're willing to download a leaked version that has a 99% chance of containing a virus that will screw their computer up.

Anubis

The Plot in a Nutshell

"Lord of the Flies" explores the dark side of humanity, the savagery that underlies even the most civilized human beings. Golding intended this novel as a tragic parody of children's adventure tales, illustrating humankind's intrinsic evil nature. He presents the reader with a chronology of events leading a group of young boys from hope to disaster as they attempt to survive their uncivilized, unsupervised, isolated environment until rescued.

Nope, I guess not. It's human nature. Individually, humans are pretty intelligent. In mobs, we're dumb as posts.

EDIT: yeah, Lord of the Flies is pretty appropriate.

I guarantee that just flew right over 99 percent of the forum-goers' heads.

It is all Valve's fault!
It is one thing to make a promising game, but it is another thing to make a game that looks better than anything anyone have ever seen.
Ofcoure pepole are gonna find ways to hack them!
It is pretty damn obvious.

Valve

Delays are a part of life in the gaming industry, would you want it to be released and be a subpar sequel or to come out and be totally mindblowing.I for one want the sequel to Halflife to surpass the first, so if delays help the game become more polished the better. But there is no justification for the people who stole their code and for people who download the prerelease code, you are basicaly shitting all over the hard work they put into this game.Look what they created in all those years ago, and how much enjoyment people all over the world have had with the Halflife game, all the mods made.

Originally posted by headcrabboy
I support them

I don't, and nobody cares that you do. Take your lemming fanboy crap elsewhere.

Back