I think I will have to go for the X800 Pro

glHalfLife

Reaction score
After much thought, I think I will have to plung for the 256MB ATI Radeon X800 Pro.

Manufacturer - Sapphire
Graphics Processor - ATI Radeon X800Pro
GPU Speed - 475 MHz
RAM - 256 MB
Memory Type - 256-bit GDDR3
Memory Clock Speed - 900 MHz
RAMDAC - 400 MHz
Interface - AGP 8x
Maximum Supported Resolution - 2048 x 1536
GL Support - DirectX 9.0 / OpenGL 2.0
Multiple Monitor Support - Hydravision
Outputs - DSub / DVI / S-Video
Inputs - None
TV Tuner - None
Retail / OEM - Retail
Rendering - 12 Pipelines
Pixel Fill Rate - unspecified
Texture Fill Rate - unspecified
Memory Bandwidth - unspecified
Features - unspecified
Cables Included - unspecified
Software Included - unspecified
System Requirements - Mainboard with available 4x or 8x AGP slot, 300W PSU
Warranty - 1 Years

Anyone know of a better price than £284.68 and if so, where?

Thanks

yeah the sapphires tend to be pretty nice. Im asking for a hybrid x700 pro for Christmas: Features:

128/256MB of GDDR3 memory accelerates the latest cutting edge 3D applications
128-bit GDDR3 memory interface
8 parallel pixel pipelines
Supports the latest X16 Lane PCI Express technology
Six programmable vertex shader pipelines
Full support for DirectX® 9.0 and the latest OpenGL® functionality
New SMARTSHADER™ HD technology allows for support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0 programmable vertex and pixel shaders in hardware as well as OpenGL® via extensions.
SMOOTHVISION™ HD technology provides enhanced image quality by removing jagged edges and bringing out fine texture detail, without compromising performance
3Dc™ High quality 4:1 Normal Map Compression delivers beautiful scenes without the performance hit.
Unique VIDEOSHADER™ HD engine uses programmable pixel shaders to accelerate video processing and provide better-looking visuals
HYPER Z™ HD is optimized for performance at high display resolutions, including widescreen HDTV resolutions.

At allstarshop.com I found the 256mb edition for only 250$, thats I nice deal considering the 9800 pros are only 50 less.

RussianEmpire said:
nice nice but i would still prefer a 6800 GT :)

Same here, much better value. The x800p should be with the 6800nu, not the GT. Plus, you can OC the GT to 400/1100 on every card, so you basicly have a 400$ ultra. The x800 pro could never be a XT PE unless you get hte vivo edition ( which is $$ ) or if you hardmod it. Bah, i'll stick with NV this time :D ATi served me well with the 9800p, but NV kicked butt this time.

How does CS:S perform when you get into firefights with the GT and other heavy scenes? And how does it perform on like 1600x1200 no AA or AF

Best Top of the Line Card: X800XT PE
Best Kick ass card: 6800GT

arnt the speeds of the x800pro much faster than the gt? but the gt is 16 pipes right? so pipes for speed or speed for pipes?

TheHitman5 said:
Same here, much better value. The x800p should be with the 6800nu, not the GT. Plus, you can OC the GT to 400/1100 on every card, so you basicly have a 400$ ultra. The x800 pro could never be a XT PE unless you get hte vivo edition ( which is $$ ) or if you hardmod it. Bah, i'll stick with NV this time :D ATi served me well with the 9800p, but NV kicked butt this time.

ha. The X800 Pro absolutely trashes the 6800 NU. It isn't even close.

The X800 Pro and 6800 GT are really close to each other (except in Doom 3 of course). Just because the 6800 GT wins the majority of the benchmarks, doesn't means the X800 Pro sucks or even has bad performance compared to a 6800 GT.

Plus, the X800 Pro overclocks well. ;)

The X800 PRO is only better in HL2.
The difference with the 6800GT is still very little.

The 6800 GT is faster in almost all other games.
Also, 6800 GT is one step ahead of the x800 what support for technologies like SM 3.0 are concerned..so you're set for future games also.

That's what made me choose for the 6800 GT.

Plus it's a beautifull card lol, and big :) (compared to my old ati radeon 9700 pro)

I just have my new 6800 GT for 1.5 days, and it serves me VERY well..

All my old problems with white dots where textures join and all are gone.

( I had a ati 9700 pro before )

if you're about to get the x800 pro please spare a thought for the VIVO cards as those can be flashed to a full 16 pipes and clocked really high to thrash the 6800GT :)

Back