I think VALVe needs to say something about the release date!

Ralphus

Reaction score
Being that we're so close to the date they were targeting, I think they should at least tell us where there at. I'm not saying to give us a detailed weekly breakdown like Bungie did for Halo, just a little more info.

I mean there's only three or four answers.

1. Sorry, it will be delayed.
2. We're still on track for the 30th.
3. It will be close to the 30th.

4. **** YOU!!!

:cheese:

AGREED THEY NEED TO SAY SOMETHING!!!!:flame: :flame: :flame:

Gabe said they would, just when, I don't know....

Or they could just screw it and go with #4 :p

How many times do they have to answer it before you people believe it?

You know what? I don't even care anymore, as long as it comes out this year. I'll be i"serving my country" in military from 12th of January 2004 to early July.

If the game comes out during my military service I might flip out and, hey, I got access to assault rifles, grenades and all that army shit ;)

be patient guys... If Valve doesnt say anything by September 30th then start worrying :)

the point is that valve has not released an official press release so that stores and the publisher have a release date. The sept 30th is sort of an unofficial release date NOT OFFICIAL. Valve needs to announce a press release stating what the release date is. That would sure put an end to all this speculation.

The reason there not telling us is beacuse THEY DON'T KNOW themselfs. There's nothing they would like better than to release on sept 30th. They have alot of preasure on them right now and they know the gaming world is watching every second of it and don't want to piss off anybody in the process.

Just chill people, we will know soon, we have waited this long, a couple more weeks and we will get a real answer.

they are going to have to go gold real quick if they want to make a sept 30th release date....

Originally posted by Ralphus
Being that we're so close to the date they were targeting, I think they should at least tell us where there at. I'm not saying to give us a detailed weekly breakdown like Bungie did for Halo, just a little more info.

I mean there's only three or four answers.

1. Sorry, it will be delayed.
2. We're still on track for the 30th.
3. It will be close to the 30th.

4. **** YOU!!!

:cheese:

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!!!
N O M O R E D E L A Y T H R E A D S!!! B A S T A R D

How long do u guys think they will wait to announce something?

Originally posted by Rasmoh
You know what? I don't even care anymore, as long as it comes out this year. I'll be i"serving my country" in military from 12th of January 2004 to early July.

If the game comes out during my military service I might flip out and, hey, I got access to assault rifles, grenades and all that army shit ;)

Just don't let them send you to IRAQ whatever you do......that place has become a murder hole......

the point is that valve has not released an official press release so that stores and the publisher have a release date. The sept 30th is sort of an unofficial release date NOT OFFICIAL. Valve needs to announce a press release stating what the release date is. That would sure put an end to all this speculation.

We'll know in 12 days. I guess we could just wait, it's not that long, right?

Is it the 30th yet? (no) Is it the 30th yet? (no) Is it the... DAMNIT!

:devil: :flame: Someone break into the valve building.:flame: :devil:

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
Just don't let the send you to IRAQ whatever you do......that place has become a murder hole......
I live in Finland so that's a slim possiblity. Altough, I've been thinking of joining the Finnish rapid reaction forces. They handle all kinds of peacekeeping duties.

There have been rumours floating around in the Finnish press lately, that the Finnish defence ministry is drawing up plans to send 100-900 troops to Iraq, if the peacekeeping operation is under a UN mandate.

So, perhaps I will go there :) .

yeah this not telling anyone anything is getting a lil wierd ...

Originally posted by Wilson502

you dont have to break in ... you can set an apointment ...

EDIT: sorry for the double post :eek:

er,
Valve has never acknowledged ANY delay. at most a no comment

Valve started saying "9/30, STILL ON TRACK" noone believes them (cept the diehards ;) woot!)

3 things creating confusion
1. "we'll see"
2. no gold yet (not a huge issue, still time)
3. some agressive and abrasive bastard who happens to be the head of one of the largest half-life fan sites. Go figure :\

Originally posted by Orange
er,
Valve has never acknowledged ANY delay. at most a no comment

Valve started saying "9/30, STILL ON TRACK" noone believes them (cept the diehards ;) woot!)

3 things creating confusion
1. "we'll see"
2. no gold yet (not a huge issue, still time)
3. some agressive and abrasive bastard who happens to be the head of one of the largest half-life fan sites. Go figure :\
You forgot to mention that most major retailers don't have the date set as Sept. 30.

How often are major retailers right? Before any of the things that would infer delay, that had 2004 listed.

Not most accurate source in the world :\

Rasmoh serves in a military other than ours?! How unamerican.

(What are they hidding with their obviously made-up language? Finno-Ugric? Come on, what the hell is that.)

[sry, but at least it isn't more release date blather]

no reason to have this thread... search for other threads on the release date and then post your comments there rather than start a new one

This speculation isn't going away until Valve acknowledges the delay rumors and retailers pushing back the date when they comment on a release. Personally, the fact that they haven't nipped this rumor in the bud is, to me, proof enough that its delayed. Why allow these rumors to run rampant? It does nothing to help the company. Not to mention the community's reaction and "morale" if you will.

Its not like these rumors are coming from unreliable places (well, not all of them anyway). The game's publisher is saying its delayed! I think that deserves some kind of comment one way or the other from Valve directly addressing that.

Originally posted by G·Man
How many times do they have to answer it before you people believe it?

i actually agree with you this time.

anyone know someone that works for the phone company in the bellvue area? tap valves phones and hear their hl2 status reports to vivendi >:)

Valve: The game will be out September 30th,

Noob: Whens the game out?

Originally posted by Plasmatics
Its not like these rumors are coming from unreliable places (well, not all of them anyway). The game's publisher is saying its delayed! I think that deserves some kind of comment one way or the other from Valve directly addressing that.

Ye of little faith. You know what Gabe did when I mentioned that Vivendi wouldn't be making an announcement? He laughed his ****ing ass off is what he did. Their communication relationship is bullshit. If you think for a second Vivendi is calling the shots then you're misinformed. They are the publisher and distributor, nothing more. I also asked Gabe if they control the statements, and he said that Valve, not Vivendi, would be making a statement.

Oh, and how exactly is Valve going to lose money over this? If its delayed then thats actually a good thing financially for them, because it'll give them the time to properly tweak it to perfection and allow the gaming press to do proper coverage...in a word...publicity. Something tells me free advertising isn't going to hurt their economic interests in the least.

If it is delayed, do you think millions of outraged fans aren't going to buy it when it comes out, as if in protest? Hell no.

I WON"T. . .
oh wait yes i am : D

I'd rather they touched it up then worked to dispell rumors with a statement, proof it was them, etc. Not a lot... but every bit counts!

Except with bank interest. God damn that is low. Asyntope function! BAH!

@spidcodfry

thank you for your answer! thank you for everythink you have give us!

thanks you are god

but ...

why you dont ask gabe about a true release date. again and again

you must say hey gabe when you now again say well see then i will destroy with your golden crowbar your office :cheese: joke

i woudln't mind if they delayed if they just gave us modders the SDK

?
I wouldn't work to pester someone i was on good terms with

How does everyone think they'll announce? There's no real news/press release area on their site - the Projects section doesn't even mention HL2. Steam News? Statement to a gaming mag?

Basically what I'm wondering is who's web site do I have to hammer to be one of the first to know :dork:

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be posted here within seconds...

Its all about suprise for valve i suggest you understand they do this not to let you down. Still we are 10 days before they are not saying anything I bet all is well.

i bet we will know when this start preloading or some out of the blue announcement.

Personally I think the lack of comment could be a good sign.

If it was surely delayed (as in more than a month) than VALVe would obviously know at this point and would have most likley said something already. Why wouldn't they say something? Telling rabid fans it's going to be delayed sooner rather than later would obviously be better than telling them sept 30th when everyone is going to be at a very excited level.

In my opinion, the one reason NOT to say anything is because the game is done other than tweaking, minor bug fixes, steam fixes/upgrades and it's going to be very close to the sept 30th date. Or even up to, perhaps, the first two weeks of october, but no huge delays.

I think all is fine ...I have faith that they would have said something before now if there were any major set backs.

Noob: Whens the game out?

Actually

Valve: We are still on track for the 30th, but it will be tight.
Date: 10 days before release - no gold announcement
Legitimate question: Will the game be IN STORES on the 30th or just via Steam?

If it does come out on the 30th I'd bet that none of the stores around me will have it in stock, thats what usually happens. Best buy usually waits a couple days before putting their games on shelves.

I have only bought 3 games on the date of there release in my entire life; Starcraft, Escape from Monkey Island, and Legend of Zelda. And every single time I went to bestbuy first and they didn't have the goddamn game. I mean starcraft??!! That game was F-ing huge at the time, why the hell wouldn't they stock it.

Back