I want to get some weapons sounds from HL2

S

skrip00

i want to use the MP7 PDWs sound for the FNP90 in CS... can anyone help?

Easay babay! Open up hammer. Start a new map, put in the ambient_generic enitity in. Go to it's properties, under sound, select filter out for SMG. And you can play back those sounds, use SoundForge7 or whatever other program, record it as it plays back and youre good to go. That's the cleanest possible way, as opposed to recording it while playing the game theres background sounds.

THUGENSTEIN said:
That's the cleanest possible way

No... open up the hl2 .gcf sound cache file with GCFscape and navigate to the weapons folder where the sound will be. Extract. Then open up the CSS gcf file with the same program, and note the directory structure to get to the p90 sound.
Recreate this structure inside the Counter-strike source\cstrike folder and rename the mp7 sound to the p90 sound, pop it in the folder and you're good to go.

I havent done it in ages, so someone with more experience can clarify it for you.

no.. get GCFScape (google it), then navigate into your steamapps folder and open the .gcf files with it (they're like the old .pak files- archives that contain all the game data)

I replaced the sg552 sounds with the ar2 sounds. Replaced all the radio sounds with combines, all nades and explosions are replaced, win sounds and the awp has a voice saying pussy mixed in. All from HL2

lol @ c1 BAHAHAHA... im REALLY tired... u notice?

Back