I'd like to see the video described in this thread

Wow, just got done watch. Very very good video. :)

I just downloaded it and extracted the files. I tried to play it in QuickTime, WinAmp, and WMP. It will not play in any of those. Why not?
It only plays the sound, but no video. ;(

^^

its avi file, you need something like a divx player

Edit: also is taht background music from the movie "requiem for a dream" ?? i like the background music :)

I downloaded that xvid as a zip file. Now how can I play it?

I really want to watch this video.

^^
umm unzipip the file and use a media player that can play it using that codec i think, im not familliar with that proggram

johnnypoopoopant said:
ummm well mine says hl2_by_jacen.avi so im assuming it is an avi file

sorry. "gspot" tells you what codec it is using or what codec it needs to run... in this case xvid. Avi's could use divx/xvid etc it just depends on what it was encoded with (i think), there are different types of avi.

johnnypoopoopant said:
^^
umm unzipip the file and use a media player that can play it using that codec i think, im not familliar with that proggram
I unzipped it and it still won't play in WMP. How do I use codec?
Sorry. But I am unfamiliar with all of this. :x

mr_natural48 said:
Did you install it?

Double click the .exe file.
Nevermind. I got it. Thanks.

EDIT: That was an awesome video. I could really feel the music in that.

I'm so glad you were able to get it to work, i was worried i was wasting your time.

Not bad...there was one spot where if they woulda slew (izzat a word?!) down the video for when he launches a grenade just a bit, maybe paused the music right before the symbol, while the grenade was flying slowly, then when the grenade hits and explodes bring back the music with the symbol and maybe a slight white "flash" to add more of an impact....just my thoughts, otherwise, good vid!

it's encoded with the xvid codec, which is from DivX video, most commonly used for machinima films on the internet.

Get it at www.divx.com

I noticed that the video didn't have the gui overlays. Did you acctually play the game that way (no crosshair), or can you edit that out of the demos with some commands?

Is it just me or does the music sound similair to the music in "Requiem for a dream"?

Awesome vid!
The only gripe I have is that near the end, the action should have sped up and ended with a not so anti-climatic feeling.

Also, anyone know the freaken name of that song?! I LURVE IT! :D

-Alix

Back