If CT actually had to use the defusekit

Mikademius

Reaction score
I know there have been threads already on how the defkit could have impact on the gameplay, but I don't recall a request that VALVe actually made the model and animation for the kit. I mean, the Terrorists have to switch to the bomb to plant it. Wouldn't it be fair if the CT's actually had to switch to the defKit and use it? Now they can just let go of the use-key and shoot T's nearby...
It would look cool too :)

so should T's actually have to buy a bomb as well??
10 Bombermen and tactics even more out the window!!!

sabre0001 said:
so should T's actually have to buy a bomb as well??
10 Bombermen and tactics even more out the window!!!

What does that have to do with anything? I'm talking about the fact that T's have to plant, not being able to shoot instantly if releasing E while CT can when defusing....

Exclamatio said:
quite a lot actually

really. I fail to understand why buying the bomb has anything to do with the advantage CT has defusing...

Agreed. Buying a bomb has nothing to do with this.

I'd be interested in seeing how gameplay would change if the CT's had to actually use a defuse kit.

Hmmm...maybe they could quickly switch to the kit as soon as they hit 'e', and quickly switch back to weapon as soon as they let go. If done right, that would work without affecting gameplay too much methinks.
But I dont think VALVe should worry about that at all, they have more important things to finish like f*kn VAC2

If terrorists could automatically switch to the bomb by pressing e they would exploit it...caz people are always looking for ways to be uber leet.

Mikademius said:
I know there have been threads already on how the defkit could have impact on the gameplay, but I don't recall a request that VALVe actually made the model and animation for the kit. I mean, the Terrorists have to switch to the bomb to plant it. Wouldn't it be fair if the CT's actually had to switch to the defKit and use it? Now they can just let go of the use-key and shoot T's nearby...
It would look cool too :)

Sorry, but the CS:S community fears change in gameplay. I think it's a cool idea, but the uber-leet cs players who have hard-ons for their own scores hate when things upset their gameplay.

OMG teh box is in front of teh door, phsics are teh suck! i had 7 hea dshots but teh box, teh box got in my way!

kmack said:
Sorry, but the CS:S community fears change in gameplay. I think it's a cool idea, but the uber-leet cs players who have hard-ons for their own scores hate when things upset their gameplay.

OMG teh box is in front of teh door, phsics are teh suck! i had 7 hea dshots but teh box, teh box got in my way!

x2 :thumbs:

"The body of my teamate stopped me from getting a headshot off you" Made me lol

I send an email to goosemen on this idea back in beta 7. I never got any response..prolly got lost in the spam. I always thought it would be a better idea. I mean, going from concentrating REALLY hard to get the bomb defused to instantly looking up and shootin a guy in the head...i mean..I wish I could defuse bombs with my eyebrows and no handed!

I think it would take away from the excitement of the game. When some CT runs up the an already fast ticking bomb without a kit all the dead watchers are like "come on" or "don't do it" as per team. Then you switch to the person's view and the bar is creeping along and the bomb is going faster... faster.... and..... and where would that excitement be if you needed the kit?

Edit: on re-reading this post I see that I may be off base here. Switching to the tool would be cool. But you'd still need to be able to do it without the kit which is what I thought this post was saying for some reason.

RogueAngel said:
I think it would take away from the excitement of the game. When some CT runs up the an already fast ticking bomb without a kit all the dead watchers are like "come on" or "don't do it" as per team. Then you switch to the person's view and the bar is creeping along and the bomb is going faster... faster.... and..... and where would that excitement be if you needed the kit?

um, what?

CT's having to actually get the defuse kit out would destroy the gameplay.

Its usally hard enough for CT's to get into a site full of T's that have planted, kill them all and then defuse with a kit as it is, nevermind having to get a ket out, that would take an extra second to switch too etc, would also mean that if a T was on his way whilst your defusing your definatly dead, as at the moment it takes a second or to to actually stop defusing mid way, and then having to change to a gun etc...

poor idea.. maybe just have the model animation, ie u see the t typing numbes onto the bomb, have the ctwhip out a defuser and defuse, but not have the ct to physically have to get a defuser out like a t would the bomb.

T's have no problem having to get the bomb out simply because they are usually in the site with the rest of the team, so they have cover and also have places to hind behind whilst planting...

the bomb would get defused far less if you usd your idea, when the whole point of having 3 kills for plant 3 for defuse was to increase bomb defuseals, this would make that slightly pointless.

Defuse Cut option

No I don't think we should require CTs to bust out a kit to defuse, it's hard enough to defuse already.

Global Operations had a cool defuse option. The bomb had four wires, each of a different color. The screen on the ticking bomb and about 4squares, each representing the color of it's corresponding wire. As the defuse process continued, a square corresponding to a wire that, if cut, would set off the bomb, would be taken off the screen. If you had enough time, all squares, save the one that will defuse the bomb if cut, would remain on screen. Each CT would have wire clippers, and if he saw there wasn't enough time to defuse, he could take a risk and cut the wire he thinks will defuse the bomb. The longer he has defused, the better chances he has of cutting the right wire! I think that's a great system. Would be cool in source

I agree with you Mikademius (and cyberpitz). Imo CS should seize every little chance of maintaining or adding realistic elements to the game. And that idea is brilliant!

As for the first few who replied, I think they should stick with playing Deathmatch or another mod where they can just hit the fire key and run off (or vice versa). Guess they also dislike FF.

Winbacker said:
No I don't think we should require CTs to bust out a kit to defuse, it's hard enough to defuse already.

Global Operations had a cool defuse option. The bomb had four wires, each of a different color. The screen on the ticking bomb and about 4squares, each representing the color of it's corresponding wire. As the defuse process continued, a square corresponding to a wire that, if cut, would set off the bomb, would be taken off the screen. If you had enough time, all squares, save the one that will defuse the bomb if cut, would remain on screen. Each CT would have wire clippers, and if he saw there wasn't enough time to defuse, he could take a risk and cut the wire he thinks will defuse the bomb. The longer he has defused, the better chances he has of cutting the right wire! I think that's a great system. Would be cool in source

thats one fine idea. :bounce: :bounce: :thumbs:

I honestly think there should be an animation, but i wouldn't want to switch to the defuser. I'd like an animation because sometimes people sit on the bomb, and yu think they're defusing so you fun away, but really, they're just sitting there and the bomb explodes

Got an idea. If a CT starts defusing without the kit and another one comes by with a kit he continues from the work the guy before him did :) So one guy is doing it with his hands and when the clever CT sho actually remember kit comes, he can take over...

CT should absolutely have to switch to a defuse kit. If a CT is in the middle of defusing the bomb all he has to do is stop pressing e, and he can jump up and shoot someone. But a T who is in the middle of planting the bomb and lets go of the fire key has to switch to his weapon which wastes valuable time, and in cs that makes all the difference.

[HOPH]HK said:
I agree with you Mikademius (and cyberpitz). Imo CS should seize every little chance of maintaining or adding realistic elements to the game. And that idea is brilliant!

As for the first few who replied, I think they should stick with playing Deathmatch or another mod where they can just hit the fire key and run off (or vice versa). Guess they also dislike FF.

The CS designers already stated they dont want the game to be overly realistic. There's not much thats very realistic about cs at all. Weapons are amazingly accurate. I mean you can snipe standing up for christ sake. Snipers never snipe standing up in real life right?

Or the deagle? You can get a headshot on someone with your deagle while hes all the way across the map jumping trying to get to some box. Not realistic.

You can't lay prone. There is no peaking feature. There is no crawling. There are no hand gestures. Radio chatter is a joke. It takes sometimes as many as 3-4 pistol head shots to kill somone. And 2 awp shots to the foot to kill someone else. There is no momentum. You cant move barrels by running into them, you have to shoot them. You can shoot under water. etc etc. As you can see CS isnt very realistic.

It's more of a fast paced arcade shooter with some realistic elements. SOME. Not alot. It's designed to be fast, fun, easy to get into, and easy to get out of. ANd thats why I love it. :stare:

So yeah, I only think they should add a defusal kit model and animation to the CT's to balance things out.

And don't let me hear any of that "stfu n00b" crap. I've been playing cs since day one. Since before 1.4 when most of you guys jumped on. Back in the day when the player models looked like monkeys and there were only 3 maps. CS Kicks ass!

Back