if there is one wish you could be granted...what would it be?

jverne

Reaction score
i know mine!

i'd like a real life save (game) system that you can load even if you die. that or give me checkpoints every 3 years of life.

i don't need anything else.

Hmm. Then I would wish for 100,000 wishes at a time. When I was close to running out, I would wish for another 100,000. That's not against the rules.

well technically no, but if we'd change the rule to be...that you can't have a wish that would grant you more wishes, then what would you wish for?

But isn't having an IRL checkpoint system more or less exactly the same as having unlimited wishes, in a kind of groundhog day stylee? You'd could just die every now and then and fit in all the B-List stuff you wanted to do.

But isn't having an IRL checkpoint system more or less exactly the same as having unlimited wishes, in a kind of groundhog day stylee? You'd could just die every now and then and fit all the B-List stuff you wanted to do.

Not really. Your social consequences would still follow you. You're invincible but not unhateable or unjailable. Unless it really was groundhog day style rather than just being revived from the same spot.

But isn't having an IRL checkpoint system more or less exactly the same as having unlimited wishes, in a kind of groundhog day stylee? You'd could just die every now and then and fit in all the B-List stuff you wanted to do.

actually i haven't really thought about that, but i think it's not the same. Aside from what Rakurai said, with unlimited wishes you could wish for anything...money, looks, supernatural stuff, anything...with a save game type system you'd still be left with just yourself and no added bonuses. As in if you needed the money you'd still have to work for it.

But like i said i didn't really thought out what kind of version it would be...if it would reset completely like in groundhog day or something would remain. hmm...i think in games it completely resets if i'm not mistaken? but either way it wouldn't be the same, cause unlimited wishes would give you MUCH MUCH...MUCH, more than this.

Well if it's Groundhog Day style you could rob a bank and save.

Now is there more than one savefile? What if you rob it- save- then the police solve who did it and get you. No matter what if you saved after robbing you are destined to be hunted by the police.

But if you can pull the savegame from BEFORE the previous save then you can not do the bank hit.

I wish you didn't make this thread.

To marry my girlfriend and live with her happily for the rest of our lives.

Well if it's Groundhog Day style you could rob a bank and save.

Now is there more than one savefile? What if you rob it- save- then the police solve who did it and get you. No matter what if you saved after robbing you are destined to be hunted by the police.

But if you can pull the savegame from BEFORE the previous save then you can not do the bank hit.

well...i'd want at least three save games if not more.

but it would work exactly like in games...so yeah. if you save first, rob a bank and get caught you could revert back, but the hit would never come to be, you'd still have the experience which would make it alot easier in the repeat.

basically like most videogames...save after you screwed up and if you don't have any savegames before that you're pretty much screwed.

To marry my girlfriend and live with her happily for the rest of our lives.

i don't thinks that's possible ;)

I wish you didn't make this thread.

why...you wished for a lover that would always want to have sex with you, but the genie screwed up and made the lover male? :p

that Jverne never registered on these forums.

oh boy here we go again...would you mind explaining why exactly? and btw, you have two options either don't read my threads or put me on ignore. you're an idiot just for making that post, at least explain why so i may have a tiny percentage more respect for you.

why...you wished for a lover that would always want to have sex with you, but the genie screwed up and made the lover male? :p

No, I wish you wouldn't have made this thread, so I wouldn't waste my time reading it, and instead do something more productive, like watching the grass grow.

Well I don't know Alex's reasons but this post didn't exactly tickle my fancy:

i was just kidding man.

ok i admit that amongst my many problems the biggest one is i don't get easily offended, and therefore i subconsciously expect the same from others...which isn't the case.

I kind of expected that you were joking. But with everyone seeming to gang up on you I decided to hop on the bandwagon.

And I'm actually the same way, expecting everyone to not take me seriously.

But with everyone seeming to gang up on you I decided to hop on the bandwagon.

I noticed that too...well i always was the odd one everywhere i went so logically why expect any different here.
I kinda have a hard time keeping up with the flock usually. IMO i'm not really a rebel nor a follower, i just kinda fit nowhere, which means i have to find people that also fit nowhere, but they are few and far in-between.

a nice example: in my archery club there are two distinct girls i am friends with. with one girl i normally always argue and she sometimes take me as being annoying, because i talk too much and too weird. the other girl once had an aching tooth and i asked her if she can give blowjobs, but she answered "no...because i can't open my mouth yet". any normal girl would be like..."WTF...you're rude for asking me such questions".

talk about derailing my own thread. :S

The ability to bend reality in accordance with my wishes. I could create anything from nothing, or blast entire continents, star systems, galaxies..... I could make warp drives a current technology, oh the possibilities.

maybe I could get a girlfriend as well :eek:

I wish KineticAesthetic was a Super Moderator.

I wish I had really tall legs and could see through walls and spit anchors!

The ability to bend reality in accordance with my wishes. I could create anything from nothing, or blast entire continents, star systems, galaxies..... I could make warp drives a current technology, oh the possibilities.

Wishing to be omnipotent = wishing to have unlimited wishes, which is against the rules.

I would want 100% luck so that my chances of getting more wishes are 100% higher and that everything in life goes well and I don't die

This reminds me of that X-Files episode with the Genie.

So basically Dr. Manhatten?

Well, I suppose. Minus the blue skin and creepy eyes, as well as radioactive status.

Remus said:
Wishing to be omnipotent = wishing to have unlimited wishes, which is against the rules.

No. They aren't the same. I don't know how you could infer that they are the same.

Even if they were, I could just change my wish to the ability to create.

You selfish ****s.

How about something like for Cold Fusion to be developed within a month, or for first contact with benevolent aliens who'll teach us all kinds of new greener advanced technologies.

Hmm. Then I would wish for 100,000 wishes at a time. When I was close to running out, I would wish for another 100,000. That's not against the rules.
It doesn't matter how many wishes you have. Each one digs you deeper into a hole of ruin until you wish you were dead. Or you might wish you had never found that cursed genie.

Haven't you ever seen shows like Hitchcock, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits? Hell, even WB cartoons featuring the genie in a bottle.

Disney's Aladdin was not in fact a Warner Bros. cartoon, but thanks for trying.

Back