If you report a post does it show the state it was in?

Reaction score
For example, say someone posts "IDIOT" to something in a thread about a new robot invention or something, and it's reported as spam.

But then the person edits it to say "What a wonderful new innovation. I'm sure it'll save many lives in the future." or something.

Does the moderator see the "IDIOT" post you reported? Or are they directed to a post that they see is quite appropriate and then think you're just reporting without due cause?

RakuraiTenjin said:
For example, say someone posts "IDIOT" to something in a thread about a new robot invention or something, and it's reported as spam.

But then the person edits it to say "What a wonderful new innovation. I'm sure it'll save many lives in the future." or something.

Does the moderator see the "IDIOT" post you reported? Or are they directed to a post that they see is quite appropriate and then think you're just reporting without due cause?

We see a copy of the post exactly as it was when it was reported

This is what they look like:

The following post has been reported;

[post=1568127](CLICK FOR REPORTED POST HERE)[/post] by RakuraiTenjin:

RakuraiTenjin said:

Thread: [thread=90328]If you report a post does it show the state it was in?[/thread]

Reason Given: Spam!

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD WHEN DEALT WITH
Don't worry - no one reported you. I did it just as an example.

But if someone flames you, but you forget to report him and he just edits his post, you can't see his original post?

Insane said:
But if someone flames you, but you forget to report him and he just edits his post, you can't see his original post?

Admins might be able to get it from the DB and there are forum hacks around that would allow us to check edit changes, but I know of neither.

We can't do any of that stuff bliink unfortunately bliink...

See, this is why there was a 10 minute time limit on editing posts. So people couldn't go back and change their offending posts but everybody moaned that it was too short so I believe it's now set at 24 hours.

If you see a post then report it immediately and if it makes you feel better then take a screenshot of it as well.

If somebody edits their post, I don't see any reason for them to be banned or the topic to be locked.

If it's edited to be appropriate, then the person is being mature and realising their previous mistake.

If they do it over and over again so that they can call somebody a ****face without the "law" getting in their way, then they should be banned.

They won't get an straight up ban unless the original post requires it , like any other offence on the forums.

Also just because they edited it doesn't mean they suddenly repent more likely they realise what a twat they've been and are trying to hide the evidence or they are simply taking the proverbial.

Hot Soup said:
They won't get an straight up ban unless the original post requires it , like any other offence on the forums.

Also just because they edited it doesn't mean they suddenly repent more likely they realise what a twat they've been and are trying to hide the evidence or they are simply taking the proverbial.

Well, when I edit my posts for twattiness, I always just add an EDIT at the end and don't change anything. Then I explain that i'm sorry and that I was being a douche.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1567217&postcount=7

sinkoman said:
If somebody edits their post, I don't see any reason for them to be banned or the topic to be locked.

If it's edited to be appropriate, then the person is being mature and realising their previous mistake.

If they do it over and over again so that they can call somebody a ****face without the "law" getting in their way, then they should be banned.
Obviously.

Back