im a noob, how do you get the console to come up in hl2 dm

M

MulderU2

I press the ~ key, but nothing happens. Also, how do you change player models? I want to be freeman.

MulderU2 said:
I press the ~ key, but nothing happens. Also, how do you change player models? I want to be freeman.

lol, ever go into game options, let alone even conceive what an autoexec is?

Go into options, and theres an advanced button under the keyboard tab. Oh and you can't be Freeman. He doesn't even have a model in Half-Life 2. They didn't create one...

yeh but u can be.......ELI but nobody likes him....he has one leg.

man

s3pReMiSis said:

so you spend your day searching through threads trying to find questions and people you can make fun of? Hey look, my name is in l33t, I'm better than everyone else. Sorry for asking a question, like I need to mess around with my keyboard settings on a everyday basis and stumble over the advanced box. If you werent willing to help, dont reply and waste my time.

you have probably wasted more time writing that reply than reading his...ah, the wonders of the internet

Good grief cut the guy some slack. If someone has a question and you know the answer, just answer. Save the BS for your momma....

MulderU2 said:
so you spend your day searching through threads trying to find questions and people you can make fun of? Hey look, my name is in l33t, I'm better than everyone else. Sorry for asking a question, like I need to mess around with my keyboard settings on a everyday basis and stumble over the advanced box. If you werent willing to help, dont reply and waste my time.

hey, but its hl2dm.

I usually don't get into these fights, but I have to say that I am sick of people like you acting like you're some sort of gaming God, and are too good to answer people's questions... everyone's a "noob" at some point in time.. I am sure you were (or probably are), so if you know the answer to some guy's question (some guy who had enough common sense to post his question on a board that is supposed to be full of helpfull individuals), just answer it.. is it that hard? Maybe he never looked there.. some people don't change their keys around.. especially when they're new...

So if you have nothing good to add to this forum, how about you do us all a favor and just leave? This is a place for the community to come together and help each other out, and that includes newcomers.. so how about you take your dumb "1337" name and get off of these boards...

And .syl.. you're not helping this by egging on assholes like Mr. leet over here... this thread is supposed to be about telling this person how to get console.. it's not a rediculous question.. if you're post is not an answer, then save a few bytes on the server and keep it to yourself..

MulderU2: I'm sorry that you had to deal with those clowns.. happy gaming, and please let me know if you have any questions :)

--Jim :cheers:

Honestly, I was wondering why the console didn't come up the first time I played.. it took me some setting searching. That's what happens when you change the ui.

I had to ask a friend how to activate the console. I never thought of looking in the game options.

like I have said many times I was never a n00b I just went from console gamer to 3:1 KD ratio It's like skipping pueberty.....except not as strange lol.

Jimbro727 said:
I usually don't get into these fights, but I have to say that I am sick of people like you acting like you're some sort of gaming God, and are too good to answer people's questions... everyone's a "noob" at some point in time.. I am sure you were (or probably are), so if you know the answer to some guy's question (some guy who had enough common sense to post his question on a board that is supposed to be full of helpfull individuals), just answer it.. is it that hard? Maybe he never looked there.. some people don't change their keys around.. especially when they're new...

So if you have nothing good to add to this forum, how about you do us all a favor and just leave? This is a place for the community to come together and help each other out, and that includes newcomers.. so how about you take your dumb "1337" name and get off of these boards...

And .syl.. you're not helping this by egging on assholes like Mr. leet over here... this thread is supposed to be about telling this person how to get console.. it's not a rediculous question.. if you're post is not an answer, then save a few bytes on the server and keep it to yourself..

MulderU2: I'm sorry that you had to deal with those clowns.. happy gaming, and please let me know if you have any questions :)

i have more posts than you so i win

s3pReMiSis said:

lol, ever go into helping people in game forums, let alone even conceive what an helpful post is?

thanks

WySiWyG said:
lol, ever go into helping people in game forums, let alone even conceive what an helpful post is?

I like that one.

Thanks for the help guys and suport. Never would have thought the console setting would be under keyboard. Thanks again.

No problem.. and nice comment WySiWyG :D.. I suppose that in every community there is always some scum.. same reason people would rather rob people.. or vandalize property... or anything else people do.. than make themselves a productive member of society... hmm.. oh well... at least there are some real community members that people can still count on to help each other out... regardless of how many posts we have :p

The higher your post count the more shit you chat on teh intarweb while you should be either:

a. Playing the game.

b. Working.

I should be working. But it's snowing and there is no one else in the studio. Heh.

i have more posts than you so i win

So because i have more posts then you does that make me god :naughty:

Anyway, that console thing was rather annoying at first when i started playing CSS from 1.6 but after about 5 minutes i managed to figure out where to look, still, it would have been nice if Steam had just made it as a default setting like the original games.

dudes i swear to gods that teh more post u have the bigger penis u have!

Really? Because I don't see alot of black people with thousands of posts.
hehe

--jimbro :cheers:

Back