I'm building a new computer...

K

Ket-Chup

...and I would like too hear what you think. Would it work?
This is what I've got so far. I haven't included graphic cards, CPU and mobo because I'm waiting for the ATI Crossfire and the AMD Athlon FX-57 to arrive, and I don't know how big PSU I need. I'm thinking 500 or 580w, or would I need more? (I have 2 120mm fans, 1 90mm and 1 80mm, and 4 cold cathode lights :cool: ) Also, I was wondering about Windows XP. Is it possible to use the same Windows that I have on my old computer, and still be able to use my old comp? And I have the same question about Steam. My little brother would get the old comp after me, and he's playing HL2 more than I do... :p

Microsoft and Valve would both detect the same serial number being used at the same time. You'd have to get a different number to activate XP, and a different account to use Steam. You can use the same installers, though.

On the topic of a power supply, you need at least at 500 (though some system with Nvidia SLI boards and FX-55's run with only a 480). I'm getting a 550 for my own dual graphics card system just to be safe. With window's I wouldn't recommend using the same copy on two computers at the same time. Trust me I've tried.

well now u have to do an activation thing i dont remember having to do that before

Guess I'll have to buy a new windows then... But I think I've read somewhere that it is possible to have steam on multiple computers, with only one online at a time. Or am I wrong?

Ket-Chup said:
Guess I'll have to buy a new windows then... But I think I've read somewhere that it is possible to have steam on multiple computers, with only one online at a time. Or am I wrong?
It is, but I wouldn't risk it.

Back