Im completely new to CS mapping and stuck

D

Dozzy

I have built a small area and can load my level in counterstrike through the console no problem, but I cant joiin a team, it indicates that both are full.

Obviously I need a player spawn of some kind, yet the only ones haveis info player start and player team. I have tried both and still cannot join a team :(

I have also read a tutorial for CS sourse stating a info playe deatmatch is required, and again obviously we dont have that yet...

Some one please help... tell me the very basics of CS mapping...

Does the map have to be enclosed, do you need a light, how many info player whatevers , I really want to test my map!

you should only need one spawn for when testing it (try testing it in hl2)

you should have info_counterterrorist spawn and info_terrorist spawn entities...i do!

of course it has to be closed, otherwise you have a leak...and no you dont need lights but that is what makes it look great.

you either have your spawns stuck in the ground (most likely) or too high above the ground.

there you go, ya so basically make sure your map is completely closed (including skybox, and all the walls, and floors), add some lighting just to test it out, and make sure the spawns are only like a foot above the ground (to be safe, you can change it later)

More missing entities?

Hi all, and thx for the overwhelming response :) unfortunately none of the above worked and i do not know how to access the console in singleplayer, it would appear to be different than before. Now however, I have the DM update and have another problem...

I have Entities missing, and would like to know if I am the only one, which I often think is the case when HL mapping.

As far as I can tell I am missing the following

Info Player Death Match
Info Player Terroist
Info Player Counter Terroist

I have also built a square room with an info player start and a light, How do I make this accessable in HL2 DM. I'd like to test a few things before spending weeks on a section of level that isnt going to work.

As you can imagine I am not having much joy at the moment, and it would be a hell of a shame to have to give up on this before I have even started.

All the help in the world would be appreciated

Back