Im gonna cry!

SixxHole

Reaction score
After reading the new anandtech, I really just want to Die(Yes, I am a benchmark Geek and it is painful). A few weeks ago, I was extremely happy with my 5600. Now, I feel disgraced to own such a aweful card. Especially since I could have went with the 9600pro for around the same price. I don't think any drivers NV could release could do much at this point. Useless. This is ridiculous. Now I'll gladly accept all gloats in the form of; "HAHA, I can't wait to play this game on my 9800pro".

No. I want DX9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want I want I want I want I want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait until the 5x.xx drivers are released..If your into buying your own hardware you should have known about them by now.

Have you seen how big the gaps are in those Numbers? I seriously doubt a new set of drivers can fix that. I'll wait until 1 day before the games coming out to make any decisions though.

Originally posted by Northwood83
wait until the 5x.xx drivers are released..If your into buying your own hardware you should have known about them by now.

Exactly.

Research and ignore the hype, no matter what situation. This proves true for any type of hardware purchuse.

Nvidia says, their Det 50s will make a big difference once it's out, but who knows for sure.

I was so close at buying an Nvidia card, it's good thing I didn't have enough money.

Nobody would have ever been able to predict that the numbers would be so far inbetween. Especially talking about the 9600pro and the 5600 Ultra.

Originally posted by Jagermeister
Nvidia says, their Det 50s will make a big difference once it's out, but who knows for sure.

I was so close at buying an Nvidia card, it's good thing I didn't have enough money.

me too man, me too

Originally posted by ValVed RaY
looks like another case of the nvidiausersgotowned syndrome

hehe Ray...

don't be too harsh on these guys.. :)

Are 9600pros direct X 9 cards? or do tehy emulate it or what?

A 9600 pro is a dx9 card. It will be able to do it all on the hardware. I am not sure if this is making sense since I haven't had to much sleep recently waiting for the Steam release.

Anyone who has FX or something should sell it on E bay or somewhere,just sell your graphic card and buy radeon...

Just looking at the gamersdepot follow up article on benchmarking HL2(thanks Munro) and they showed an in game screenie rendered in directx 8.0, 8.1 and 9......
I don't really notice any difference. Maybe it's the screenie(showing water) they used or my vision is failing but I am not so worried about missing out on the directx 9 goodness( yes I am an Nvidia FX owner).

Back