I'm more Jewish then you!!!11!!1!!1

unozero

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-15237018
In a town on the outskirts of Jerusalem school runs have become the focal point for an ugly struggle over land and power.

Groups of Ultra-Orthodox Jewish protesters have been picketing a new girls' school.

They say their religious sense of modesty is offended by the sight of the girls and their families passing their homes on their way to school, even though the families themselves are also from an orthodox community.

The BBC's Kevin Connolly reports from Beit Shemesh.

You got to be ****ing kidding me.....

This sounds like the Jewish equivalent of the Westboro Baptist Church picketing.

Unsurprising, the Ultra-Orthodox Jews make up about 1/6th of Israels population and are the fastest growing group within Israel. If memory serves they actually have the highest fertility rate in the world. So yeah, they know they can't be ignored so they're pushing the envelope in what they can get away with demanding - don't forget these fellows are from the same sect that has a tiny settlement in the middle of Hebron, which happens to be one of the most troublesome in all of the West Bank.

Oh, dear, they're offended. **** off and let people live as they wish. This is why religions get a bad rap.

Whoa, you're actually from Milwaukee? I think that's a first for another hl2.netter, that I know of - I am too, whereabouts are you?

and them israel will turn into another backwards middle east country

Fundamentalist Muslims and Orthodox Jews really aren't all that different.

It all makes sense though because they're sister religions, Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

As a side note I find it fascinating that they don't all have the same suffixes.

Christian-ity, Juda-ism, Islam.
Christ-ian, Jew-ish, Muslim.

Maybe I'm weird like that.

Whoa, you're actually from Milwaukee? I thin7k that's a first for another hl2.netter, that I know of - I am too, whereabouts are you?

I'm from Ft. Worth, Texas; I'm attending MSOE (living on campus).

Religious fundamentalists do silly thing. News at 11.

I'm from Ft. Worth, Texas; I'm attending MSOE (living on campus).

Haha, I live pretty close to you. Eastsider Fag reporting for duty. UWM student returning for the Spring semester.

/stalkermode.

Haha, I live pretty close to you. Eastsider Fag reporting for duty. UWM student returning for the Spring semester.

/stalkermode.

Yeah, long as you're not attending Marquette it's all good.

Haha. Nope - but know quite a few who do. They just got a nice new Law School building. I was actually born and lived in Boston until I was a tot, then moved to Milwaukee and was raised primarily here.

I'm finishing my B.A. at UWM back in Milwaukee after a year and a half at a small liberal arts in Indiana called Earlham (I dropped out / lost interest in academics at the time).

It's kind of funny; law schools keep on getting bigger, but the demand for the product thereof doesn't. Then again, Marquette is primarily people who haven't got any concerns about college loans anyway.

True, though Marquette is notorious for their sports scholarships (hence making it into the final four so many times, doing very, very well in college Basketball). They've quite the percentage of vocal rich'y rich types though.

The less academically intense and pretentious Catholic college in MKE being Cardinal Stritch, which my parents and I live pretty close to now.

Plenty non-entitled folks attend both though, just have to dig through to find 'em. Also, like many other religion affiliated school, it obviously doesn't require students to be Catholic.

I really haven't been around here long enough to know more than a few people from Marquette, all I really know is our crew eats Marquette's lunch every time.

Back