In Uk : DVD + Preload Poblem

Kem2000

Reaction score
Well, i bought Half Life 2 today on DVD in uk (whose idea was it to only do that) thinking that i could just unlock it with the cd-key included...well, it obviously doesnt work as my DvD drive does not work at all and i was wondering if there is any way to by pass this (activating on another computer? And then unlocking the files on mine?)

Is there ANY way i can still play this without forking out the cas (which i dont have) on a new DvD drive?

ive had exact same problem. so i transfered all files to my HD(On my win 98 server) then transfered those files to my pc. and i installed it from there(took an hour + to install tho) and now i cant get pass cd key part because i need cd rom to work >_<

Kem2000 said:
Well, i bought Half Life 2 today on DVD in uk (whose idea was it to only do that) thinking that i could just unlock it with the cd-key included...well, it obviously doesnt work as my DvD drive does not work at all and i was wondering if there is any way to by pass this (activating on another computer? And then unlocking the files on mine?)

Is there ANY way i can still play this without forking out the cas (which i dont have) on a new DvD drive?

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM ... i install the game, and then double click on steam ... nothing happens ... double click on half life 2 ... nothing happens ... WHAT IS GOING ON!!! ... when i double click on steam again ... it says another steam is allready loaded up ... HOWEVER ... clikcing CTRL ALT DEL ... and searching for it ... i cant find a steam process active ... i have no windows loading up ... the game just install and thats it!

is there a way to play HL2 without steam? then i am positive it would work for me!.

yeah i think that would be good to ... i would liek a way to play it without steam ... would slove many problems!!!

yes you can play it without steam ... ONCE YOU HAVE REGISTERED ... and then click on remember password and such ... however until you have created an account ... you CANT!!! ... and withotu steam loading up for you to create the account ... you cant even play the game :(

Would it be possible to get someone with Half life 2 to log into my account, register my cd key in my account.... and then for me to log on to my account on my Computer and unlock the files that are pre loaded?

from what i heard from a freind who managed to get the game to work ... some files are downloaded during registeration... so i am not sure ...

Looks like buying a new DVD drive is your best bet to be honest.

Back