Incoming Source - Late June Update

Praz

Reaction score
Development is still going great behind the doors of Incoming Source.
We have recently completly changed our game mode, which will work out alot better and basically just be loads of more fun than the 'older' version.

We have new ingame images to showcase the new game mode in action. Although the game mode isn't 100% complete, we are getting there. Until then, enjoy this media!

Also, expect to see some renders soon showcasing the human dropship, the alien drop ship, and the human walking tank and more!

The trees could use a new collision model, they are just squares, equals bad shadows :/
But thats about all i see bad on these, nice work!

I'm just curious, with all the talk of how the Source engine doesn't support expansive outdoor maps, how ye have pulled it off (or have ye......)

sabre0001 said:
I'm just curious, with all the talk of how the Source engine doesn't support expansive outdoor maps, how ye have pulled it off (or have ye......)

Large areas are possible, just as long as you keep them bland. Some trees, a few smaller bases wont harm, and if you are able to make them in a cunning visleaf formation, you can pull off very large maps. They just wont have that much detail where the spaces are large and open. But to make some map like in BF2 (that is completly open) you wont be able to do that in source. Most of the mountains you see in these screenshots here are 3Dskybox anyway, if i'm not mistaken.

Wow, Incoming certainly has taken a turn for the better.

Looks like I'm going to have to eat my words, Praz.

-Angry Lawyer

Angry Lawyer said:
Wow, Incoming certainly has taken a turn for the better.

Looks like I'm going to have to eat my words, Praz.

-Angry Lawyer

Back again!!! Did you miss us THAT much?!

When do we get to see these Dinosaurs in this mod? This all looks very good, but i haven't seen one of the key parts of the mod (apart from some concept art)

Jesus that's a lot of bloom.

And that's coming from someone who just finished playing Ghost Recon.

Dinosaurs are being pushed back to be added shortly after the first public beta. They are 90% rigged (need some more bone controllers) and the t-rex skin is done. We'll be showing that off shortly. The first dinosaur to be included will be the t-rex and we have the intentions of adding more types through out development and updates :-p

P.S- I love Ghost Recon (Advanced Warfighter)... but to be specific - thats not bloom (technically). It's the shader used on the shields around the teams bases. I'm outside looking into the shield of the opposing teams base in those images.

And hello Angry Lawyer :-p Nice to see you (and finally get along with you). Glad you guys are enjoying the new stuff. We've had a bumpy ride to getting where we are now but its worth it and we appreciate the feedback and comments you guys leave. And when we release, feel free to join a server with me and kick my ass at my own game ;)

Hmm, some areas do look a little bland, but its great to see some new content in there. Weapons and vehicles look excellent, but the hand just looks that little but Master Chief. I'm only seeing that though because I think the armour he has is crap, and the hand just reminds me of it.

I'm liking this though.

Back