Incorrect countdowns

InvaderScooge

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of people post countdown times 1, 2 or even 3 hours off when it will be midnight here on the west coast. I bet we are going to have a bunch of people from over seas start to post threads titled "It is 12:30, WTF is valve doing!?" Please get the time right.

FYI, As of this post there is 2 days 2 hours and 9 minutes until launch. HLFallout is over the launch time by an hour and a half and other sites counters are wrong as well.

TeckBlade said:
that 1 is off by 2 hours

This is what I am talking about. That one is correct. You are off by two hours! I am posting this at 10pm my time, which happens to be valve's time.

edit: unless that goes off of your local time and you are 2 hours later then valve. Then it will look wrong for you but right for me.

It goes by your Computer's time. It is flawed. Change your clock and see.
Infact, right now my clock is 12:05 PM but it thinks of PM as Noon. It says 1 day, 11 hours, 54 mins. lol

Yeah probably because the countdowns are to your time on your computer...

As the person who programmed that countdown timer, I can attest to the fact that it won't be right for everyone, and I said that it goes by client side time when I originally posted it a month ago. I'm at central time, so it's two hours behind for me. It is counting down to midnight on Tuesday based on the time zone you are in, so if you're two hours ahead of the west coast, add two hours to it. If you're two hours behind, subtract two hours. What can I say? I didn't want to go through the hassle of programming it for every stupid time zone, and neither do most of the people who make these sorts of countdown timers. Rarely if ever do these things count down to a simultaneous global worldwide release ... :E

Ownzed said:
The one I posted is 100% correct.

Its 6:10am GMT sunday morning as i type this. So that makes it about 2 days, 2 hours till release, correct?

The link you posted tells me 1 day, 17 hours.

UKchaos2 said:
Its 6:10am GMT sunday morning as i type this. So that makes it about 2 days, 2 hours till release, correct?

The link you posted tells me 1 day, 17 hours.
It does not take into account Timezones, which is understandable. Read above.

Although it does have a minor flaw with 12AM vs 12PM, as far as I can tell. :p

does anyone have a accurate one i can look at or use??

i didn't know hl2 was going to be released at 12:00 am on the 16th, i thought it was going to be released 8:00 am on the 16th when stores open? (the west coast in the USA right??

Pull an all-nighter buddy, it's 12AM PST (MIDNIGHT) Valve time.

1 day 8 hours and 55 minutes

it shouldnt matter what timezone.. the counter should tell the correct time... i dunno but it tells me the correct time and i live in gmt+8 :-S

blinking halo said:
1 day 8 hours and 55 minutes

it shouldnt matter what timezone.. the counter should tell the correct time... i dunno but it tells me the correct time and i live in gmt+8 :-S

Sorry dude. It is 2 days and 32 minutes until midnight valve's time which is mgt-8. You are 16 hours ahead of valve so you have to add 16 hours to that counter.

omg...can you guys plz go back to 3rd grade and learn time zones. LESS THAN 2 DAYS UNTIL THE MOMENT COMES!

1 DAY, 22 HOURS as of right now

omg i'm so hyped up right now i don't think i can sleep. i have drank 6 cans of coca cola, and can't think about anything but hl2

TeckBlade said:
omg...can you guys plz go back to 3rd grade and learn time zones.

How about you go back and learn to spell?

I think that one is off with like 9 hours for me... If I use the counter from Valve that is.

Back